sealant/rtv

dpoll995

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
what kind of sealnat shoud i use to re seal the A/C screen under the wiper cowl? took mine apart last night and found out that it was leaking there. also my head lights have some cracks on the back side, im guessing thats why they get moisture in them, what can i use to seal those cracks? thanks

I just used clear silicone on mine.. but I only had a small visible crack in the factory applied sealer.

Some have dug out ALL the old sealer and the inlet and resealed it, but I only siliconed the existing crack.

I'll probably have to "revisit" that area in the future, but for now.. it lived thru the heavy Hurricane Ike rain with no leaks.

i tried GOOP on it. it took a few days to dry cuz i put it REAL thick. but i think it should hold up good. it seems like it will stay slighty soft so it shouldnt tear off too easy.

I tried the "reseal the crack" method and had to fix it again after the next big rain, the issue is typically the cracking on the back side that is hard to get to. That's why everyone recommends removing all the old sealant, pulling the screen, spreading a generous bead of silicone to the bottom side. Put it back on and then smooth the silicone over the lip. This will seal everything back up and should never have to be revisited.

I used clear RTV silicone, it stunk for a few days, but I figure it is rubbery enough that it should hold good until the car is gone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back