Selling my LS

Visalize

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I will be getting a company car in the next two months and really have no reason to keep the LS. I am currently paying payments on it, and by the time I am going to get rid of it, I am figuring it will be at about 41k miles. It's a 2004 LS, Black with 16" factory rims. It doesn't have any of the really fancy stuff (heated seats or ATC), so I think it's the sport edition. What do you guys think I should ask for it or will be able to get for it? I still have a loan on it so obviously I want to be able to get at least that much. I figured if anyone would know it would be you guys. Thanks in advance.

I've seen 04's for as low as 17, but as high as 24. Is it a V6 or a V8?

You'd have the sport shift tranny if you have the extra shift gate to the right in the shifter assembly.

I am in NY, and am beginning to shop for one (and Baltimore isn't all that far). What were you thinking of asking? I've been leaning towards a V8, but might consider a V6. And your mileage is in line with what I am looking for. Can you post or send some pics?

Visalize said:
Ok, so I will be getting a company car in the next two months and really have no reason to keep the LS. I am currently paying payments on it, and by the time I am going to get rid of it, I am figuring it will be at about 41k miles. It's a 2004 LS, Black with 16" factory rims. It doesn't have any of the really fancy stuff (heated seats or ATC), so I think it's the sport edition. What do you guys think I should ask for it or will be able to get for it? I still have a loan on it so obviously I want to be able to get at least that much. I figured if anyone would know it would be you guys. Thanks in advance.

Is there such a thing as a LS without heated seats???

It is non sport LS, the sport ones have 17". It is probably the V6. I am guessing maybe around $20000.

martyp said:
Yeah my 2000 sport doesn't have them....
Wish it did some cold mornings

martyp said:
Yes. There were numerous LS's sold from 2000-2002 that did not have that feature. Mine doesn't unfortunately.

mine doesnt either which sucks.

how hard would it be to switch them over to heated?

Htd seats are nice to say I have when talking about the car but I do not care for them too much. My butt never gets that cold. I guess its a good thing to have when I take longer trips, but I rarely use it.

On topic, how much do you owe? I'd say ask between 19-21.

I've got the V6 model. For me it was plenty of HP and really took off on the highway. You guys with the V8s must be having a damn good time, cause I know I like how even the V6 can takeoff.

The car is in pretty emaculate shape. It's still under warranty, and I take really good care of it. I don't have any pictures of it online right now, but I will try and get some up this week sometime. I was thinking about asking for $20k, since I paid about $23k in July for it. I'd probably be willing to let go of it for $19k for someone on here though cause you guys have been really helpful throughout it all. I also have a rear spoiler (needs painted to match) that I never put on that I would also let go with the car.

I'll get some pics up ASAP for anyone interested.

So I officially got my company car today and I gotta sell the LS. Below is a picture of the exact model I have (black w/ black leather). Anyone looking to buy one?

2003lincolnLS.jpg

haha... it's funny how you people up north make a big deal about the heated seats. It's always in the 90's over here, so I've always got the seat cooler on (along with the A/C at 60)... the only time I've ever had the heater on was by accident, and I didn't even notice, so I was all like "Why does my ass feel like it's burning?" lol

Anyway, to stay on topic: Good luck selling your LS! :) Try eBay?

Same here. The cooled seats are a much bigger draw to me than the heated seats, however my wife does like the heated seats.

'04 V6 with 41k miles??

man, I'm truly sorry, but you aren't going to like this ... that's a high $12s trade-in vehicle. So you'd be lucky to get in the $14s on the retail side.

Oh, and, no, its not a sport edition if it doesn't have a V8. Its just a plain 'ole LS.

You may not like my numbers ... but think about this ... folks are paying less than $20k for '03 V8s with all the goodies and 30k miles. Yeah yours is a year newer, but its higher miles, a lowly V6, and has no good options. Not many folks looking for a miled up v6 american luxo car without the luxo ... ya know?

True, I bought my 04 V8 Sport fully loaded minus NAV for $18,000 with 3800 miles from the Ford Dealer auction.

02V8Sport said:
True, I bought my 04 V8 Sport fully loaded minus NAV for $18,000 with 3800 miles from the Ford Dealer auction.

Damn, you made out like a bandit. Good job.

Yeah try and sit on frozen seats in -45 degrees celcius and tell me you wouldn't make a big deal about heated seats! :p

Members online

Back