Seperating Fuel Line Spring Coupler

lightman02

LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, i know you need a special tool to release the fuel line and I have it, however it's not blue but it is green and it is for 1/2 fuel lines as I have an 02 V8 LS. However I cannot get the line to release is there a trick, I know the use of the tool should be pretty straight forward but I don't wanna break anything, can anyone give me some pointers??

I bought the cheapo plastic set of split rings from Pep Boys, but the one that fit right around the line was too thin to release the mechanism. I ended up putting one ring inside another and using both together and that worked really easily.
So... maybe your tool is not thick enough? :D

bwaaahahahahahahaha! :D

sorry, I can't be of any help. I think I just used a needle nose or a screwdriver or something to disconnect the line at the fuel filter. I was lucky, and they didn't break.

I need to disconnect the fuel line under the hood so I can get the valve cover off, I am not doing anything with the fuel filter at this time.

I have the 1/2 inch tool, it's the plastic claw version that should work, I assume I close it over the fitting and push the protuding part of the tool into the fitting??? Cause i was trying that and couldn't get it to release I didn't wanna push too hard, I'm just looking for clarification.

I have the 1/2 inch tool, it's the plastic claw version that should work, I assume I close it over the fitting and push the protuding part of the tool into the fitting??? Cause i was trying that and couldn't get it to release I didn't wanna push too hard, I'm just looking for clarification.

Close it over the line and push it into the fitting.

right - there is a little spring that the tool lifts up (expands) into the outer sheel allowing you to seperate the coupling (which has a lip that the spring locks onto. it's a hard pull to seperate the coupling, but once you do it - you'll laugh on how easy it was to do.

Members online

Back