Seriously Read ..

xarruda89x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm not sure if this forum does it but my friend is at a Corolla forum and every year they admins/owners or who ever, supplies a calander.

They cast a big contest of the cars, they take a picture of their car, and people vote for the best 12 and it will be printed in the calander.

Do we do it already or .. It was just a suggestion to the admins and a question if we already did do it.

I don't know if we do it, but if I didn't have that unsightly dent in my bumper I'd love to participate.

That is all BS.............

There has been some news recently regarding the Black Mustang Club and the production of their yearly calendar. There was some issues regarding using Ford's logo on products you intend to sell and CafePress halted the calendar production. Here are a couple links to the story:

http://randazza.wordpress.com/2008/01/15/ford-motor-co-trademark-bully-not/

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/13/ford-car-owners-are.html

Ford does not have a leg to stand on. The calendar in question was not focusing on the Ford Logo aspect of those cars. This will be an interesting case to watch unfold. Because if a court sided with Ford, then there are a lot of pictures on this forum that will need to be removed. I own my car, and if I want to make and sell a calendar of it and can find suckers to buy it, Ford can kiss my Blue Oval hating AZZ.

It has to do with someone else making money off of their(Ford's) car images...seams stupid to me...

It is not images of their cars..............

It has to do with someone else making money off of their(Ford's) car images...seams stupid to me...

They sold the cars to the consumers. And I have never ever seen a sales contract that said Ford controlled the images of the cars after the sale. As long as the makers of the calendar were not focusing on the Blue Oval on the cars, they are allowed to use the images of the cars as they see fit. They were focusing on the fact that they were Car Club cars. Nit the fact that they were Fords or Mustangs. If they were all Pink cars from different manufacturers, would or could Ford object. This has been hashed out in the courts numerous times. Ford is just going after a little guy because they know that the money for a lawsuit is not there. Phuck Phord.

They sold the cars to the consumers. And I have never ever seen a sales contract that said Ford controlled the images of the cars after the sale. As long as the makers of the calendar were not focusing on the Blue Oval on the cars, they are allowed to use the images of the cars as they see fit. They were focusing on the fact that they were Car Club cars. Nit the fact that they were Fords or Mustangs. If they were all Pink cars from different manufacturers, would or could Ford object. This has been hashed out in the courts numerous times. Ford is just going after a little guy because they know that the money for a lawsuit is not there. Phuck Phord.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said and what he said the response before that.

The Contour (CEG Forum) guys put out a calendar and it was very popular too. Just use images that don't show the bloody oval in any kind of close up.

A Calendar is a GREAT idea.

I've always liked this pic of my car besides the unsightly car and tarp in the background. :yuck:

lincolls006jx6.jpg

I like that pic too. Car looks great. But the Lincoln emblem is visible... you're going to have to take that image down.

Alright guys, I'm not sure if this forum does it but my friend is at a Corolla forum and every year they admins/owners or who ever, supplies a calander.

They cast a big contest of the cars, they take a picture of their car, and people vote for the best 12 and it will be printed in the calander.

Do we do it already or .. It was just a suggestion to the admins and a question if we already did do it.

Did you just say Corolla????

I sure hope this Corolla made the calendar

CSP_HT_117[1].jpg

LOl, yeah they pick a nice place to take a picture of their cars, needs to be clean, and if must have some mods, wheels or w/e. Or even a stock one.

I'm sure the calander would cost a few dollars.

Yea, one of my other forums which is for v6 z24's does a yearly calendar, have not gotten one since I do not own a J-body now but there is some nice cars that appear in it from the members.

Calendars are great and I've been in the LLSOC Calendar three years in a row now.
:D

Members online

Back