Service Shop Done GOOD?!?!? and an Opinion Question

BostonLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I posted a couple of days ago about the extended warranty question, thanks again for all the help on that one, I appreciate it.

So, I just got the call from my Lincoln Service shop in Dorchester, MA. Sentry South. I brought it in after the check engine light came on. The #4 and #8 coil were fried, they fixed that up, put on new gaskets (warranty), they found a nail in one tire and I had a bad valve stem on another (my fault from driving on my job sites), fixed both of those, they did the 45,000 mile service, replaced the sway bar and bushings that were failing and rattling NINE months ago when I brought it to the service shop in Newton, MA (they suck there) (warranty), they fixed the e brake leather connection that the service shop in Newton, MA couldn't fix (they REALLY suck there) (warranty), AND broke my XM docking station (they said to go and buy another one and they would credit my bill). Everything all in $353, not including the credit for the XM.

So, first the question. Did a Lincoln customer service department just do me right? I know they have a rep for being AWFUL. Or did they fix everything right, but also Doctor/loosen up 10 things so I’ll be back there in 6 months?

And here is the opinion question. Should I go with XM (I like the music and stuff but HATE Opie and Anthony), or Sirius (which I think I might like better).

Keith

BostonLS said:
I posted a couple of days ago about the extended warranty question, thanks again for all the help on that one, I appreciate it.

So, I just got the call from my Lincoln Service shop in Dorchester, MA. Sentry South. I brought it in after the check engine light came on. The #4 and #8 coil were fried, they fixed that up, put on new gaskets (warranty), they found a nail in one tire and I had a bad valve stem on another (my fault from driving on my job sites), fixed both of those, they did the 45,000 mile service, replaced the sway bar and bushings that were failing and rattling NINE months ago when I brought it to the service shop in Newton, MA (they suck there) (warranty), they fixed the e brake leather connection that the service shop in Newton, MA couldn't fix (they REALLY suck there) (warranty), AND broke my XM docking station (they said to go and buy another one and they would credit my bill). Everything all in $353, not including the credit for the XM.

So, first the question. Did a Lincoln customer service department just do me right? I know they have a rep for being AWFUL. Or did they fix everything right, but also Doctor/loosen up 10 things so I’ll be back there in 6 months?

And here is the opinion question. Should I go with XM (I like the music and stuff but HATE Opie and Anthony), or Sirius (which I think I might like better).

Keith
Sounds like you found a keeper.:) I have had XM in the past and use Sirius now. Sound quality seems to be the same, so it all depends on your programing choices. I don't do Howard so that was not a draw for me. The only reason I switched was because Ford had a factory setup for Sirius at the time.

I'd get the Sirius setup because it is simpler if the dealer installs it. Sirius also has Martha Stewart! :)

George, did the dealer do a good job installing your Sirius package? Had they done it before? I hope your car wasn't the "test case"!

Sounds to me like you found a shop dealer that realises costumer service is what brings you back. The dealer I bring it to shop is grate I took it in for a melted 3ed brake light assemble and they replaced that along with a headlamp and a tail lamp assemble for having moister in them, the lether boot that goes over the e-brake since it had come loose, two of the chrome strips in the A/C vents, and FIVE COLE PACKS none of witch I ever said anything about of course they also curbed it putting a nice scratch down the passage side ground effects but they had the body shop fix that a week latter.

ToddG said:
I'd get the Sirius setup because it is simpler if the dealer installs it. Sirius also has Martha Stewart! :)

George, did the dealer do a good job installing your Sirius package? Had they done it before? I hope your car wasn't the "test case"!
Mine was the first they had ever installed. But the instructions for the Visteon were very good. The main unit hides well in the driver's side rear of the trunk behind the hood hinge. It doesn't look like it would fit, but it does. The rest of the installation is just a matter of running the harness to the front for plug in. The dealer scratched my select shift mounting plate on the center console and replaced it without being asked. I did not notice the scratch until he pointed it out. The only part of the installation I do not like is the Sirius antenna supplied with the setup. It is a little larger than the mini antenna I used with the XM setup. I may replace it someday, but it is growing on me and it no longer looks so bad to me.

So are you happy with Sentry South? I live in Randolph and have been bringing my LS to the Lincoln Dealership in Canton (can't remember the name). I haven't had good luck there, so I'm looking to find somewhere else to bring my car to.

Griff said:
So are you happy with Sentry South? I live in Randolph and have been bringing my LS to the Lincoln Dealership in Canton (can't remember the name). I haven't had good luck there, so I'm looking to find somewhere else to bring my car to.

I'll let you know tomorrow after I pick it up. Over the phone and when I dropped it off, they were great (kind of scary that I had it in the service shop in Newton this last spring and the things I asked them to look at, they couldn't locate and then this place does so without so much as a glance and diagnose and fix EVERYTHING the Newton place couldn't even find). Who knows though...maybe the next trip 6 months from now (crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen) won't be so much fun...

KJK

Good luck, and if you could post when you get your car back I'd appreciate it. The Canton dealership "replaced" something in my power steering, and now it makes a humming noise when I turn. I brought it back, and they said there was nothing wrong with it. I need to find somewhere else.

Odds are a meteor are going to hit your car. Have fun while it lasts:eek:

Griff said:
Good luck, and if you could post when you get your car back I'd appreciate it. The Canton dealership "replaced" something in my power steering, and now it makes a humming noise when I turn. I brought it back, and they said there was nothing wrong with it. I need to find somewhere else.

Griff,

Picked up the car last night and everything is in good order. I don't know a ton about Lincoln service, but it was night and day between the Newton dealer and the Dorchester one. I would definitely recommend it. Maybe that shop isn't very busy (because of the ghetto location) and can take the time with the customers, but they were top notch and took care of everything...I am definitely going back there if and when the time comes...

KJK

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad everything went well. Looks like I found a new shop for my LS. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back