shocks, alignment help.

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 LS V6 sport and lately the ride got really uncomfortable and I can hear some knocking noises from the suspention at the bumps. When I start driving the car after long few hour park, the knocks are present and then after about 10 minutes they are gone in the front, but the rear ones knock too a litte all the time. So, I guess I need some new shocks. My car has 93000miles and 20 inch rims. I am gonna buy some OEM sport shocks and I was wondering if I change them, DO I NEED TO DO ALIGNMENT on the car after that? Because my alignment is fine.

Any suggestions will be helpfull, thanks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/540597

usually on any car you should align it, i have always had to, but i haven't changed the shocks on my ls so im not so sure. but you will most likely have to align it.

You have electronically controlled struts. If you change them, you have to have the computer reprogrammed for the new struts. Do yourself a favor and let the dealer do it.

What? the shocks are standard coil-over shocks (albeit a weird size).

Yes - you need to get an alignment if you change shocks - as the suspension height and movement will likely change.

dpboone said:
You have electronically controlled struts. If you change them, you have to have the computer reprogrammed for the new struts. Do yourself a favor and let the dealer do it.

lol r u serious?

as stated the knocking noise is probably the front sway bar bushings, very common, you can no longer get just the sway bar bushings from ford, you have change the entire front sway bar, not a fun thing to do.

Members online

Back