Should I get out now?

MattRuss

LVC Member
Reaction score
All, I bought my 2002 Lincoln LS not that long ago and she's a great machine.

I've fixed a bunch of stuff on her and she's really something I appretiate. But reading stories on here really has got me thinking, not scared (maybe), but thinking.

She's inspected now and has a lot of new parts on her, looks and feels great. Would now be the opportune time to get out? Sell her off and get another car I wouldn't mind driving?

Matt

Depends who you ask, but in my opinion...

...yes.

Actually mine has treated me semi decent. Little problems, but frequent. I am not too happy with the fit and finish of the vehicle. Also the power is lacking utterly.

Once I get the chance to return back to stock and get it too run decent, I will be trading mine in.

But its up too you!

Depends who you ask, but in my opinion...

...yes.

Actually mine has treated me semi decent. Little problems, but frequent. I am not too happy with the fit and finish of the vehicle. Also the power is lacking utterly.

Once I get the chance to return back to stock and get it too run decent, I will be trading mine in.

But its up too you!

That's true, it is up to me. It's hard to get rid of a great car based on the *possibility* that she might give me problems later on. But if you do get problems you would've wished that you got rid of her before. Everything works it's hard to imagine that I would ever think of this.

Is it paid for? If it is then so what if you might have a few fixes in the future, that's still better than a car payment. If you get another car who's to say it won't have issues?

Yes, I get angry when I take my LS to the shop but when I get her back I am over it and back to enjoying her.

If you like her - keep her.

That's true, it is up to me. It's hard to get rid of a great car based on the *possibility* that she might give me problems later on. But if you do get problems you would've wished that you got rid of her before. Everything works it's hard to imagine that I would ever think of this.

Except with the LS, it's a guaranteed possibility. :p

It all comes down does this car have enough performance, style, safety, and reliability for you to deal with it?

Crap sound like a used car sales person. "with every Lincoln LS purchase, get this OBDII code reader FREE!!!! Cause your going to need it!" :D

Anything can happen with any car. If it's running good and ok keep it. Otherwise find a car you would get in place of the LS then search for a forum to see what types of problems that car has. There is not a car out that does not break down.

If you want a car that you don't have to pay for all the fixings...then get a KIA and their 10year warrenty :p

She's all paid for, and everything works. I guess it's just not a car that I would *devote* myself to if she needed it. Many on here would and that's fine.

I guess it's just a preference. What came to my mind is if there is a car out there that I would work for night and day I should take my chance now that the LS is in great condition.

with every Lincoln LS purchase, get this OBDII code reader FREE

I'm for that. definitely a must have tool.

Oh, by the way, after my earlier posting I went out for a drive and you will never guess what. Yep, check engine light. P0316, P0302 and P0300. Darn it, and I just got her back 2 weeks ago from transmission service.

think i will still keep her a little longer.

Based on how you laid this out, keep it. You seem to like the car, it is in good condition now, and are concerned for what the future will bring. No matter what you get, if it is used and out of warranty, you could have the exact same concern.

This forum is a great resource, I have learned a lot that saved me time and money bringing my new/old LS up to snuff, and have enjoyed the banter between the members. But it is no secret after being here a while that this is primarily a hangout for performance oriented guys, mostly on the younger side. This is the demographic most likely to have problems with any vehicle, because they are pushing the envelope in a variety of ways, from performance to style modifications. All of this takes its toll on any vehicle.

If you go to Edmunds and other non-enthusiast sites and look at the LS under reliability (which I did before getting mine), the news is actually pretty good, though not up to Honda levels. But in the scheme of things, the LS record is good for the average driver.

If your car is paid for, you enjoy it, and it does not exhibit any problems now, future repairs are likely to be less than buying a newer car, especially if you finance it and pay the interest freight (brutal and stupid mistake I have made many times). But having said that, it depends on the deal you could get, and the luck you have with this particular car. Who knows, but the statistics, IF YOU DON'T DRIVE THE CAR HARD AND PUT IT AWAY WET every day, are in favor of keep it. Cars are very emotional things, so in the end you'll probably follow your heart.

Members online

No members online now.
Back