Should I take this race?

Kelleyo said:
The 2 and 1 piece tubes apply only to the pre 2003 models. The KKM for 03 and up connects to the existing tube...

yep - the MAF is part of the intake tube on the 03+ so you can't seperate them - only add a new filter and a venturi...

Select Shift Transmission. Some automatics have it, it will have a +, - on the side of D on the shift gate.

Run his butt out the back door. I'll bet his ECM shuts him off around 108 mph at the very best due to tires. I'm not sure what the LS8 goes to, but it's a heck of a lot more than that!

2001LS8Sport said:
Run his butt out the back door. I'll bet his ECM shuts him off around 108 mph at the very best due to tires. I'm not sure what the LS8 goes to, but it's a heck of a lot more than that!

i believe that was what happened when i ran my friends 04 V8 4-Runner AWD. he got me good off the line like 2 1/2 car lengths, then about 50-55 i was next to him, then at 70-75 i pulled away hard from him. later hes like "that was a nice run, but i think the computer is telling to cut fuel at about when you were right next to me" but all in all, another one just got marked! but he knew that he has a truck and i have a car!

Well I finally raced this dude. We went probably 1/2 mile, starting from a stoplight. He had me off the line by maybe 1/2 car length but it was all down hill from there for him. By the end of the race he was way behind, more than 7 car lengths I would say. I never told him that my intake and exhaust were not stock so I think he was pretty suprised. He paid up the 100 bucks too, so now I am happy.

I reccomend the CAI to anyone who doesn't have it. I know for me it seemed like a huge difference in the mid rpms. It seems like the throttle response improved a ton with the CAI. It was the best 300 bucks I have ever spend on the car.

Bob

bobslydel said:
Well I finally raced this dude. We went probably 1/2 mile, starting from a stoplight. He had me off the line by maybe 1/2 car length but it was all down hill from there for him. By the end of the race he was way behind, more than 7 car lengths I would say. I never told him that my intake and exhaust were not stock so I think he was pretty suprised. He paid up the 100 bucks too, so now I am happy.

I reccomend the CAI to anyone who doesn't have it. I know for me it seemed like a huge difference in the mid rpms. It seems like the throttle response improved a ton with the CAI. It was the best 300 bucks I have ever spend on the car.

Bob

MAN YOU JUST MADE MY WEEKEND I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!! CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN EVEN THOUGH I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO SPANK HIS AzZ!!

Nice work BOB!! Thats my boy HAHA I am totally pumped to smoke some people today!

-Scott-

bobslydel said:
By the end of the race he was way behind, more than 7 car lengths I would say.....It was the best 300 bucks I have ever spend on the car.
Bob
Way to represent Bob. Give him 2 more rematches and you'll have your CAI paid for.:Beer

If he has the balls to do over 100 in that big bouncy truck, he might hang. I got my 01 v8 sport up to 135 like nothing and was still climbing, I love how smooth it gets when your booking it like that on the hwy.

That must have been interesting to see. A luxury sedan racing an SUV. Forget the fast and the furious, its all about the 4X4 and luxurious.

yep I used to have a 5.9L Grand cherokee, that thing was a rocket for an SUV... did the 1/4 mile in JUST under 14 sec!

KC_Valentine said:
I love how smooth it gets when your booking it like that on the hwy.

Gotta love aerodynamics. It's just like riding on air, well actually it pretty much is.

Yea, slowing down is the most uncomftorable/grip your steering wheel tight cause it's gonna shake part of the deal =P

bobslydel said:

Bob

:Beer Just how I expected it to go. TQ wins off the line, but HP/weight and aerodynamics rule the top end. AND :I on the LLSOC CAI.

Members online

Back