SLP Loudmouth

ponyboy713

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm new here, just bought a 01 V8 and was hoping someone had a video or soundclip of SLP Loudmouth exhaust on their car.

SLP would probably sound like the bassani's Search Youtube... lots of exhaust clips on Lincoln LS's!

SLP Loudmouth is a Muffler Delete Pipes...it is use commonly on 05+ Mustangs... my best friend has them they are loud as fck.

This exhaust is also very common amongst the f-body's. Supposed to be extremely loud and raspy from what I recall. I think the loudmouth II's were more refined. Don't make it for the Lincoln though.

Was going to put these on my ls but decided not to. They are basically a resonator type muffler and yes they are loud on mustangs and camaros.
I instead am going with custom 2.25 pipes all way with h pipe and cherry bomb extreme mufflers which are 2.5 center in out but they are mufflers.
I have stock exhaust now where i just cut off mufflers and left resonators on and it did sound louder and meaner and woke the car up but it left me wanting to hear it more so i decided to go this route. I want it to be loud but i don't want it to sound like i don't have an exhaust either. I thought the slp's would do this so i didn't get them. If you want to know what they are or look like go here. www.americanmuscle.com look under any year exhaust for mustangs
you will find the slp loudmouth's and the slp 2.

I chopped my mufflers off as well, kept the stock resonaters and stock piping, I got the SLP resonaters and an xpipe ready to go in but I need some more cash so I can go to 2 1/2in piping, once I get it done which might be this weekend Ill post a clip..

I got my custom exhaust done!!!! 200.00 for pipes 2.25 inch and i bought my own mufflers 120.00 for cherry bomb extreme mufflers and 30.00 for universal h pipe. Chopped off whole exhaust system except for cat pipes. where the extension pipes bolt up to i started from there.
Put hpipe in 1st and had to make it small cause of room and i hope this didn;t affect powerband like i think it did.
Must say car sounds like a mustang gt but not as authorative but still sounds mean
Put in 2.25 piping all way except mufflers are 2.5 inch center in center out and mounted them in stock location with 2.5 inch turndowns and no resonators.
Car is loud but not bad,at idle its pretty quiet but i'm sure once they break in all hell is gonna break loose,lol!
Heavy throttle the think barks and gets loud but nice. I'm getting looks everywhere but probably because its a lincoln and it shouldn't sound so mean lol!
There is a semi drone around 1500 rpms but not bad or deafening and cruising speeds its pretty tame and quiet and you can talk or listen to radio and not notice it until you give a good shot of gas but then it is still civil until you mash it down.
I noticed i lost some power near 35 or 45 mph range but not bad but like a slight hesitation but it still pulls strong especially up high.
Maybe the computer has to adjust not sure. I love my car now even if it isn't as civilized as a lincoln should be its still music to my ears.
i even ran it in sst mode and held gears and let off gas and it sounds sweet with no pops or cracks on decel which i would like but its good this way too maybe if i change the tips to straight out instead of downward i'll get that effect. The car did wake up but the powerband did change but i only think its the computer trying to adjust so time will tell.
Plus these mufflers aren't broke in yet so i can only imagine whats going to happen when they do!:D
Now i'm going to get the cai and i think that will help things too...probably too much gas not enough air so with the cai it should change things drastically!
All in all i am very happy overall but some things slightly bother me but i think in time it will all adjust and straighten out!
If i can get camera i will upload a clip for everyone.
Went to family gathering and everyone thought i bought a mustang when they heard me coming!:D Glad i didn't get slp's they probably would of really killed the torque and powerband and would of been way too loud also.

good stuff man. hope the sound catch for your camera is good...too many ppl have poor quality on their cameras and can't pick up the exhaust node...would love to hear since i might replace my magnaflow mufflers :-D

I would personally stay away from SLP on the LS. The small displacement mixed with the design of the "mufflers" (really a bullet style chamber) won't produce a very refined sound. It will be loud and tinny. Some people like that, but most think it's trashy.

Leave the SLP stuff to the heavier breathing mustangs and F-bodies

Members online

No members online now.
Back