So got into it with an Audi...

Stack

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It looked to be a 2000ish A8 4.2 quattro... He had exhaust and intake done to it...

Here's how it went down...

Was on a 65mph road that has a few stop lights south of the Twin Cities here in MN. It was about 7 pm at a mild 70 degrees :)

I noticed him following me for a while and he got next to me at the first stop light. I leave the line fairly aggressively but haven't got into "race mode" :D

I hear him get into it and I put it to the floor... neither or us really move on each other...

Well we get to the next stop light and I take o/d and t/c off... time to roll! I wait for green and flash the converter... Surpisingly I stay with quattro launch and he only gains about a 1/3 or a car. I gain that back by the end of first but lose it again after the sloppy 1-2 shift I have (gotta get that shift kit in!!!) Gain what I lost and put a 1/2 car on him by the end of 3rd! I was pretty stoked...

He rolled up next to me and we BS and complimented each others cars... Seems he has a milltek exhaust and an intake for the 4.2. I have my Big Brakes and 20's which just help me stop and look cool ( and probably slow me down!)

The 4.2 is rated at 302bhp and 306 ft/lbs with a curb weight of 3800ish lbs

The 4.6 is 290bhp and 280ft/lbs with a curb weight of 3700ish...

I guess it was a pretty even race :D Feel better after that loss to the crown vic! He HAD to be modified to pull on me like that! This proves it!

The magazine number for the 01 Audi A8 4.2 is 14.2 1/4 mile... I think you got lucky...

Yep you did good.

Just be careful if you come across an S4/S6/RS4/RS6 of any sort. Such cars will eat an unmodified Mark VIII. Aside from that, most Audis really are about on par with a Mark.

nice kill maybe some day we will meet on the road and have a go at it
I will be south of the cities tomorrow on my way to bell plain

Yep you did good.

Just be careful if you come across an S4/S6/RS4/RS6 of any sort. Such cars will eat an unmodified Mark VIII. Aside from that, most Audis really are about on par with a Mark.

Newer a8's run 0-60 in 5.9, unless you come across one with the big engine in it (W12 5 seconds) just look away, just look away. A8 is one of my favorite cars.

A8 is one of my favorite cars.

Same here - if I wasn't living in America, I would have an A8 TDI as a DD. Audi's aren't the most reliable cars and they're expensive to fix, but their fit and finish is excellent.

Glad you guys enjoyed! Can't wait to get all my parts on and REALLY go hunting!!!

I've been away from the Mark VIII forums for a while because I bought an Audi as well, but I thought I could contibute to this thread since some of your facts are off...

The A8 4.2 weighs over 5200 pounds, not 3800 pounds. He is well over half a ton heavier than you.

Quattro makes for EASIER launches, not better. It does nothing but bog down your car from a dig... warm rear wheel tires will destroy quattro launches if there is a skilled driver behind the pedals.

That said, quattro's are geared very aggressively down low, and I'm suprised you stuck it with him as long as well as you did! Nice driving!

The A8 4.2 weighs over 5200 pounds, not 3800 pounds. He is well over half a ton heavier than you.

B.S.!!!

No way in hell does a 2000 era A8 weigh anywhere close to 5200lbs!

Prove it - put up some reliable specs.

I reckon it's in the low 4000's at most.

I'm not an expert on the A8 platform but my 2005 S4 weighs in at 3850 stock. Audi's are extremely heavy cars, and If memory serves me correctly the 2004+ A8's shed some weight. I'll look into it for arguments sake.

Here's my ride btw:

S4highway.jpg

Cool.

My dad just has a 'baby' Audi - an A3 TDI. :)

Your S4 weight sounds about right - however, the big Audi's don't weigh that much more. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, the A8 was praised by the auto magazines for being light for it's size.

:)

Eh... Not a bad guess... I should take up... Gambling! Lol.

:Beer

I did my research... I knew what I got into it with... :p

I was surprised I hung with him being I was STOCK... with heavy azz 20" wheels and big brakes. I have done nothing to make my car faster... yet :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back