(Solved) Replaced toe links now swerving

Luk3

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced my toe links (rear tie rods) today. It was an easy 2 bolts remove and replace. I measured it before i removed the old ones and thread count so i could put it back as close as possible. I torqued it to specs and took it out for a drive.

At highway speeds when i change lanes the rear swerves a little. Not stable like it was before. I haven't gone for an alignment yet. could that be the problem?

That and if you replaced with OEM type rear toe links the rear will 'turn' a little...from what I understand it's 'passive 4 wheel steering'. The rear suspension flexes and turns the wheels slightly. At least that's how I understand it.

That and if you replaced with OEM type rear toe links the rear will 'turn' a little...from what I understand it's 'passive 4 wheel steering'. The rear suspension flexes and turns the wheels slightly. At least that's how I understand it.

It will actually feel like the rear-end is sliding or fish-tailing slightly. I hardly notice it anymore except when I travel and get a rental car. Suddenly it becomes real noticable when the rental just oversteers and doesn't simply hook around the corners like the LS.

Definitely needed an alignment. Swerving is gone.
He must have turned it out 10+ times on each side.

Members online

No members online now.
Back