something hanging down under front end of car

illninja

LVC Member
Reaction score
Is this normal?

20130310_171226.jpg

Sorry, the picture's just not clear enough for me.

could be... but it looks like a hose with a metal fitting in the middle...Maybe. can imagine the car would still operate though with that size hose broken

Assuming this is behind the driver front wheel, this is your A/C Compressor Manifold Hose Assembly. Don't run your A/C.

I have one I'm having installed this Saturday, mine's leaking at that metal fitting. It's in a box by my front door which I have opened and inspected. Looks eerily similar. Here's rockauto's photo of the part:
getimage.php

*This is a Representative Photo!

That valve/connector at the top of the image is your low-side A/C service port, found in the driver front wheel well. You could follow the hoses from there to verify. Easiest to take the wheel and well-liner off to do this.

Last edited:
Power steering line? Looks like it may have been cut.

Assuming this is behind the driver front wheel, this is your A/C Compressor Manifold Hose Assembly. Don't run your A/C.

I don't think it's that hose, but if it is there's no need to worry about running the AC. It won't engage the clutch if the pressure is too low or not there at all.

Oh boy haha. Ill take a better picture tomorrow. Power steering is fine and my ac works great. Last time I checked it was definitely an ls that I'm driving.

^ this is the best you got ? seriously ?
why aren't you banned yet ?

:lol: my vote is on this

For some reason, other than the control arm, doesn't look like an LS to me. What is that pipe? Looks like exhaust, but doesn't look like anything I've seen on my LS.

No, that's definitely the underside of an LS. I had to loosen that silver AC hose end right next to the control arm from the rad support to get my alt out. With the two rad support clips removed, the hose can be pushed out of the way so you can get to the alt.

Members online

No members online now.
Back