Sound System Project

CROWDA

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I've decided my next upgrade is going to be the sound in my 01.

I'm wondering if you guys can show me what you're running so I can get an idea of what I want to do.

If you've got subs in the back, let me see em. A sexy deck, let me see it. I wanna see what you use to bang out the streets.

Thanks!

Basically I have a pioneer deck not sure what model fixing to be replaced by a kvt-815dvd in dash tv. Memphis 2-way 5x7's in all 4 doors. Memphis 3 way 6x9's in the back. 2 10'' L7 Kicker Solo Barics on a Memphis 1100 watt class d amp. Nothing special as far as the box goes. I never open my trunk and I can't fit anything else in it so thats as clean as its going to look.

Photo_031508_001.gif

that second pic wasn't suppose to come up. it was when i had my other amp, the one with the black amp is my current set-up

thats a sexy setup rick.
I'm looking into doing something similar where everything is under the inner portion of the trunk and the rest is left open so i can still use it.

RIck did you relocate the battery when you set that up? Just curious how you would jump start the car if needed?

I'm in the process of re-doing my setup (again). I have all the pieces, just need to install and wire everything. I am using 2 Alpine PDX amps. These things are super small. I actually built a box to put underneath the factory floor panel. It rests on top of the spare tire. I have a couple of fans hooked up to it to keep them nice and cool. I will have to take some pictures to show it. I used to have a single ten in a box that barely took up any space. I am not going to 4 6.5 tang band drivers. 2 in the factory sub and 2 in the rear doors. For 6.5's these drivers get loud and low. Obviously nothing like a couple of 12s, but good enough for me these days. I'm moving away from the extremely loud and bass shaking. I rather have a clean crisp bass that fills in perfectly with the fronts.

BTW, I have 7" midbass in my doors and cut holes in the a-pillar for tweeters. I will post some pictures as this weekend I am probably going to try installing most of everything else.

I will post some pictures as this weekend I am probably going to try installing most of everything else.

that would be excellent, cant wait to see it.

I had toyed with the idea of getting a wedge sub box for a 10" like for a pickup truck, and putting that back there so it would take up practically no space.

any thoughts on that?

Do you know how to do fiberglass? That would give you a nice snug fit in the corner. I wish I had a picture of my old setup to show you how little space was taken up. Only about the rear 1/3 of my trunk was used. I had about 2/3 of my trunk still. Even with the case for my amps I could still disconnect everything and get to my spare in less than 15 mins. That was another plus with the way I set it up.

i have a very basic knowledge of fiberglass but i could probably do it without too much difficulty.

ideally i would like a similar setup since i actually use my trunk quite a bit. i already have 2 12"s in a box with my amp on the side but i'm probably going to unload those since i'm kind of over banging out the whole neighborhood when i drive by.

i really just want to see how people used the space in the trunk really. ive searched around and much like finding anything else for the LS, finding a custom system has proven rather difficult.

RIck did you relocate the battery when you set that up? Just curious how you would jump start the car if needed?

although it looks like a lot of stuff to move around, i've had it long enough that it only takes me about 10 minutes to take everything out. it's a few screws and putting the amp to one side and taking the L7 out. btw, never had to get a jump start

damn rick, that L7s fckin sexy :]

thank you very much

thats a sexy setup rick.
I'm looking into doing something similar where everything is under the inner portion of the trunk and the rest is left open so i can still use it.

i've been thinking of putting the amps on the back of that L7 so i can have space for groceries, as is we have to take the wifey's car. the extra space would be useful

i have a very basic knowledge of fiberglass but i could probably do it without too much difficulty.

ideally i would like a similar setup since i actually use my trunk quite a bit. i already have 2 12"s in a box with my amp on the side but i'm probably going to unload those since i'm kind of over banging out the whole neighborhood when i drive by.

i really just want to see how people used the space in the trunk really. ive searched around and much like finding anything else for the LS, finding a custom system has proven rather difficult.

If you're not looking for extremely loud, have you thought about shallow mount subs? Depending on your budget you could probably get 2 10's and take up very little space. Some of them are as shallow as 3". Something like this: Elemental Design SQ10. I've read about people who used that particular sub in a box with no more than 5" outer depth.

2 of those with a Alpine PDX 600.1 and you will have a small footprint from both the subs and amp.

nah not really obsessed with loud, just want something clean to feel when i creep lol

I'm wondering if you guys can show me what you're running so I can get an idea of what I want to do.

If you've got subs in the back, let me see em. A sexy deck, let me see it. I wanna see what you use to bang out the streets.

Thanks!

As requested:
alpine in the trunk.jpg

Mine is not as deep as others so I still have full access to the spare and battery, with enough room for supplies :p
alpine trunk.jpg

No navigation on this unit yet, just DVD and ipod currently.
alpine W200.JPG

This one I just threw in cause it is one of my favorite shots of the LS.
100_1439.jpg

alpine in the trunk.jpg

alpine trunk.jpg

alpine W200.JPG

100_1439.jpg

n8 that is really clean!

thats what i wanna do. shallow set so i can still get to all the necessities and still have room for whatever gear i need to throw back there.

how do you like that alpine head unit? i was looking into a double din dvd but the prices for new are unreal.

Here is an idea for you. You can still get a lot of sound and still have a lot of space in the trunk. Here I have one 15" Memphis M-1 DVC subwoofer with a regular ole box that anyone with minor woodworking skills can build. As you can see I still have plenty of room in the trunk (enough to fit a set of golf clubs and still clear the sub). As for head units I have a 7" Pioneer Flip out with built in dvd player. I also have a remote gain knob mounted by my center console so I can adjust the bass to sound like a factory setup or I can crank on the knob and make it sound like I have two twelves in the trunk. Good luck with your setup.

001.JPG

002.JPG

For you stereo buffs!

I have 2 12" Infintiy Reference woofers in some pretty small boxes and they sound great to me, but I want to cut down to 1 12" sub. What should I go with that will really hit? I was looking at the Kicker DVC 12" L7 to get my amp down to 2 ohms. Is that a good way to go? How do you guys like the L7? Thanks!!

the L7 is the greatest subs that i have ever owned, this is the third lincoln that i have had my two 15" L7's in. the only way i would ever get rid of the L7's is if i ever upgrade to a pair of 12" Solo X's

KICKER FTW

the L7 is the greatest subs that i have ever owned, this is the third lincoln that i have had my two 15" L7's in. the only way i would ever get rid of the L7's is if i ever upgrade to a pair of 12" Solo X's

KICKER FTW

that exactly what i was going to say including the what you said about the two X 12's. the only thing is i only have one L7. how did you get two in there? pic? and what are you pushing them with? higher amp alt?

that exactly what i was going to say including the what you said about the two X 12's. the only thing is i only have one L7. how did you get two in there? pic? and what are you pushing them with? higher amp alt?

i'm pushing them with a kicker kx1200.1 (the test sheet says that it has 1487 watts rms) i bought a 170 amp for my 1st gen, but i havent found any for a 2nd gen, so i bought a alt from a junk yard and have sent it to get rewound. and fitting them it was no easy task, they are in a small sealed box(about 1.75 cubic foot box each) and they are put in, subs toward the front of the car, and there is sheet metal and dynamat sealing the box foward and away from the trunk
sorry i cant upload any pictures from my computer at work

No pics right now but those PDX amps are the way to go. I have a 12' type x running off of a PDX 1000.1, nice and loud. And my interiors are 2 pair of JL Audio ZR 6.5 components, running off of a PDX 4.150 and a set of 6x9's in the deck running off of a PDX 2.150. They don't make that 2.150 anymore, but it's probably the loudest and clearest system out there. And the head unit is an Alpine WA200.

whoa whoa whoa... hang on. So are we in consensus that kickers are the way to go?

I don't know anyone running them, nor have I heard anything about them until now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back