Speaker Install Help

tminard18

LVC Member
Reaction score
i just installed 2 new sets of 6x8's in my ls, i was so stoked. then i turned the key and the driver side speakers dont work at all and the passenger side doesnt sound good. i did the rear driver door first and tested it and it worked, but when when i got done with em all that side didnt work.

anyone know why?

I would guess that you've got a wiring problem. Really about the only thing you can do is go back through it all again.

Maybe somebody else will have a better suggestion, but that is what I would do.

sounds like you did a half ass job with the wiring. did you crimp on connectors and/or solder and do it right or did you just wrap the wires around the terminals? if you did the latter the wires could be coming off and/or shorting to ground. sounds like the issue is in the drivers side....something's shorting there causing that speaker not to work at all and creating enough load on the amp to make the other speaker sound like crap.

Did you run them off your stock Headunit? AMP? are they kappas, reference? Because the kappa series run on a 2ohm load meaning that if theyre being runned off the stock headunit the will not sound good since the stock speakers run a 4ohm load.

yes i'm running them off my stock head unit, and yes i half assed it, the connection for the stock speakers doesnt fit in the new one so i cut the wires and ran those from the connector to the speaker holes, if you no what i mean by that.... :Bang

Members online

No members online now.
Back