Speakers for my 2005 LS V8

MAGNIFICENT

LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanna have some pumpin bass in my trunk, but I wanna conserve trunk space. My trunk is narrow in the back and I want the subs to rest against theback ofthe seats. Am I gonna be able to squeeze 12" in the trunk, or will I have to settle for 10" if I wanna still have room in there?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Man your posts are hard to read. Consider normal text.

Yes you can fit 12's in there. See here for some valuable info.

Im in the process of tryig to fit 1 10l7 in a 2.25cu. box. Its very tight in the vertical. Its actually the Kicker box sub combo vs10l7.

You can easily fit a 12" in there. I used to have 2 12s in there but upgraded and switched to just 1 12". How much room you have depends on your box. To get max. space you will need to build a custom box. I will be looking into this soon for myself. the only problem is(for me at least) that if i get a flat or my battery dies I cant get underneath because my box and amps are on top. Thats something I need to fix soon!

MAN, I have even been looking at 10" subs to avoid mesing up my trunk space. I was told that 12" subs are significently better and I should get those, but I dunno... Maybe I could get a smaller box that will hold 12's?

Get an efficient 12" that requires small air space & build a custom sealed box.

The footprint of my box is 14X20. The amp is under cover next to the spare tire. Minimal trunk room has been lost.

I just made this box. I need to shave off an inch of the top left side so it will fit flush against the rear seat. Then of course; cover it.

6fk7xbb.jpg

526cokg.gif

I am selling these on ebay. If your interested and make me an offer I'll let em go. They fit snugly in the trunk backed up to the rear seats of my LS. It's two 12'' JL Audio W0's, Slash series 250/1 monoblock amp, and a 1/2 farad cap. All in a custom sealed enclosure built by Tweeter(I can get exact measurements for you if you want.) Had em for a year. Deciding to upgrade all the speakers inside the car instead.
View attachment 26828
View attachment 26830
View attachment 26829

Last edited:
If you build a wide box but cut down on the depth you can get away with getting to your battery and spare. Check out crutchfield for box sizes and proper amp and sub hookups.

LS sub.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back