Squeaky Joints And Burned Plastic Smell!

BLACK LS8

LVC Member
Reaction score
My Ls Is Getting Old I Guess. The Front End Is Squeakin' And Kreakin' Like Crazy! I Do Believe It's The Ball Joints. Would Anyone Know A Rough Pricing To Get Them Replaced? And Also After Running The Car For About 10-15 Minutes Sometimes I Get This Burnt Smell Coming In From The Fresh Air Intake For The Heater. I've Seen Smoke Coming From Under The Hood On The Driver-side Once. I Popped The Hood And Couldn't See Where It Was Coming From. Yeah I'm Confused.

And Also After Running The Car For About 10-15 Minutes Sometimes I Get This Burnt Smell Coming In From The Fresh Air Intake For The Heater. I've Seen Smoke Coming From Under The Hood On The Driver-side Once. I Popped The Hood And Couldn't See Where It Was Coming From. Yeah I'm Confused.

I get that too. Dont know what it is either.:confused: :confused:

your valve cover gaskets are leaking oil onto the exhaust manifold. Very common problem on the 00-02 LS's and early 03's. Search this forum, there is a TON of info on replacing them. My old 02 had the same problem.

The squeaking is most likely the anti-sway bar bushings. Mine has been doing that for a year. One of these days I have to change out the bar for the bew one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back