Steering wheel problem!

nutz

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have some problems with steering wheel on my LS 2000 V8.
Last couple days it working strange..when i turn it to left it stuck little bit and going harder...what i want say - steering wheel is not working anymore so smooth. Also airbag light is on the panel. Maybe i need to change clockspring? Also there are some vibrations, but maybe itss because on front i have smaller tire size than rear(waiting for new tires). Main problem is steering wheel, any suggestions where can be problem?

i am starting to think most of the new members not only know nothing about the lincoln ls, they have no clue about cars in general...

Maybe if you are so smart better is to try help?
I`m from Europe, USA cars is not so popular here. So maybe just try to help, i understand that you think your are smartest guy in the world, but your post with zero information just - "I AM COOL GUY" not helping.

Try using SEARCH at the top of the page and look for clock spring. Different size tires and maybe front end alignment, worn parts, not that different from a European car like a BMW 5 series.

I have searched for clock spring etc... i dont ask information about clock spring, i ask this is 99% clock spring problem or it can be also something else ? Maybe this is some standart problem on LS ?

hard to understand your english, but are you saying that the steering wheel sticks when you turn it? if so the clockspring is not the issue (it maybe for the air bag light, but not the hard turning.

I'd say your power steering is messed up, or your rack is bad.

does it make noise when you turn?

Yes, there are "click" in that position when it stucks little bit.

Sounds like you have something either wrong with your steering rack. If you can get the car on a lift and have someone turn the wheel, just watch the mechanicals and see if something is maybe binding or whatnot.

If the click noise is coming from the steering wheel, then it could just be the clockspring maybe broke, and is causing a problem. If you have the tools, just pull the steering wheel and take a look.

BTW I'd like to see some pics of your LS over in Europe. pics pics pics !

Pics will be soon. When winter will be gone. Yea click sound is from steering wheel, so i hope it will be problem of clockspring. And its only when i turn steering wheel to left. To right all is ok.

i had the click too!

Strange, but my steering wheel clicked also, but the clicking went away! Only on the LS! :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back