Steering wheel swap

97 Continental

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello erveryone,
I'm new here, and just bought a '97 Continental. The steering wheel is pretty worn, and I'm looking at replacing it. I wanted to know if anyone here knows if I'd be able to swap in a steering wheel from a Towncar with the eatc/radio controls as opposed to just the cruise control like I presently have on the Continental? Would I need a special harness, or is too difficult a task to tackle? I had a T/C and I thought the radio/eatc controls were a really handy feature. Thanks in advance. This is a cool board!

I recall seeing a post about this place which you could send your steering wheel in or a spare, and they'd re-wrap the leather, or add wood grain. I think a quick search should pull it up.

I have a extra steering wheel out of my 02 conti, tan leather wrapped. I'm not sure if it's the same as a 97.

DSC01449.JPG

I'll do 30 shipped if you want. The only 2 thing wrong are small nick on the back of the wheel and little color worn off the one button.

DSC01451.JPG

DSC01452.JPG

I would be shocked if the EATC or audio buttons would work in a '97. The good news is you can use a wheel from a Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, or Town Car with the same style switches. The CV and GM wheels do not have illuminated cruise control switches, but you can pry the ones out of your wheel and transfer them to the replacement.

I didn't know if it would work or not but if anyone else needs it, it will be sitting in my spare parts pile.

Members online

No members online now.
Back