Stop crashing your LSes!

26 here. My full coverage is $100 a month. I've never had to make a claim and have been very careful to keep speeding tickets off of my driving record. My premiums went up when I sold my second vehicle.

Women getting cheaper insurance is BS. Out of all the people I know, the women have had more accidents.

facepalm.jpg

Dude I come from a family of highly educated people, and most of them are broke. Most people who go to college end up with nothing but debt and a piece of paper that means squat. I have 3 family members who never went to college or finished it and are making great money.

Yes college can pay off if you go for something legitimate (doctor, lawyer, etc) but so many people get useless degrees and end up in the hole.

Dude I come from a family of highly educated people, and most of them are broke. Most people who go to college end up with nothing but debt and a piece of paper that means squat. I have 3 family members who never went to college or finished it and are making great money.

Yes college can pay off if you go for something legitimate (doctor, lawyer, etc) but so many people get useless degrees and end up in the hole.

Add in anything in the engineering, medical and financial fields.

IOW, don't make a stupid investment. It's tough to make money in most liberal arts fields.
I'm of the camp that not everyone should go to college. That was the bad effect of the 90's - the thought that everyone gets a degree and everyone gets a high paying job. That's not happening. But college also isn't a waste.
The problem is the blowback has turned into "F college!", which you expressed, when what we need is "useful college". There's still lots of jobs for technical fields.
Go to a decent college, get a degree in a useful field, get good grades and be willing to relocate to a good job. It ain't rocket science. If any one of those isn't going to happen, then college - and the associate career paths - may not be the right choice.

You know what's really frustrating? It's hard for me to get jobs for military. I interviewed one guy that would've been a great entry-level engineer. Only problem is he spent seven years in the service doing logistics, so his life had progressed and his income requirements didn't match his technical skills. When I do find someone that has been in the service and has technical chops, then they're high on the list.

So I deeply respect jumping from high school to the service. But everyone still needs to think about their career. If that isn't going to be the military, then they need to think about education after they exit. In my book, service+college is a good mix, but that doesn't get as big of a paycheck as going straight to college, straight into a technical field, and working for that span of time. It does get tons of respect, and folks from the service understand how to work in an organization and can rise pretty quickly. Especially NCOs and warrants. Those guys always kick ass.

So, uh, on topic, I've never wrecked a car (beyond minor dents....). So not my fault. ;)

In a way we are all family by having damage to our cars.

im 24 (25 in july) insurance is 140 still waiting to see how much its going to jump after my self inflicted fender bender :( policy gets renewed in june , def going to do Def Driving again

Hope I dont join that club anytime soon! I physically winced when I scrolled through Jerbear's pics or when I look at what Jrocc has done to his poor car

Yeah looks like mine will be fixed up next week. Cant wait...tired of looking at that ugly creased fender and not being able to open the door.

People dont like crawling over center consoles.

I got t-boned by a deer the other day... literally

$2k in damage it's in the shop right now, so add me to the list of victims
Furr still stuck in the window..
IMAG0380.jpg

Yeah looks like mine will be fixed up next week. Cant wait...tired of looking at that ugly creased fender and not being able to open the door.

People dont like crawling over center consoles.

I have a little ding on my fender that drives me absolutely bonkers every time I see it. I cant even imagine seeing my car all smooshed up. :(

Glad to hear yours will be all fixed up soon though!

this was 2500$ worth of damages , good thing a had an extra light , the previous one was shattered

1359810903_P_2.jpg

1359810903_P_17.jpg

3 weeks later fixed :D

2012-03-04_12-07-55_752.jpg

well it seems like alot more than "threes" lately...

quikLS... these three...mine! :mad: ughhh...these cars are dropping like flies!

2012-03-21_12-14-30_510.jpg

2012-02-28_09-46-01_15.jpg

2012-02-28_09-46-13_492.jpg

2012-02-28_15-26-25_806.jpg

I have a little ding on my fender that drives me absolutely bonkers every time I see it. I cant even imagine seeing my car all smooshed up.

the only good thing that came out of my accident was that my door had about 6 dents in it from people door dinging me and everytime i saw them it would piss me off!! so i tried to keep myself from not looking at it. but now that door has to be replaced so i can finally look at my passanger side and smile!!!!! :D

Ive totaled out a brand new ford explore with 38 miles on it and a old pontiac transport, i was the only one involved in both cases and never had insurace while opperating them, they were not my cars ha. Ive never wrecked a car that i personally owned and my insurance is 114.83 a month with full coverage from Progressive it was going to be 178 with nationwide, and 149 with geico. and my record blows. im only 26 and i just got my license back last feb. from an old dui that i had got when i was 20... long story

Whoa, that looks like it was a pretty gnarly crash

...had the car for 6 yrs, never had a problem in the rain... idk what happened, but about a month ago it had started raining and i changed lanes from the left lane to the middle lane on the parkway and the traction control didnt kick in, the rear tire spun causing a fishtail and despite trying my hardest and drifting back and fourth trying to regain control, i went into the guardrail at about 50mph...the good news I am perfectly fine. Front airbags didnt go off...only passenger side airbag, and considering i wasnt wearing my seat belt at the time and i literally walked away lik nothing happened, no brusing, no bumps, nothing...the car did its job. R.I.P. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back