Stripes

Kevin O'Connell

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever done any kind of racing stripes- like the old Cobra stripes on MK VIII's? If so, can you post pics so we can see what they look like?
How about any other graphics ideas- no junk stick on flames, just quality paint stuff.
Any one know sources of Lincoln racing emblems, stickers, graphics, etc for bench racing, sales at car shows or the like?
Other than Geno, is anybody got a pro racing team running Lincolns?:

There's a guy that did a nice two tone job at least 5 years ago, down the sides., divided just above the door handles. If I remember right it was silver/burgundy.

Racing stripes on these cars would be.... uh. .. .

i think it would look cool to maybe. i would also like to see some pics. or a photo shop

Heres a customers car from about 5-6 years ago.

02_1.jpg

3c_1.jpg

d6_1.jpg

ea_1.jpg

im thinking of doing a big ole' "01" on my doors and a confederate flag on the roof....

ok .. maybe not.. but it would still look better than stripes

Stripes are best left to the the t-bird guys, 2 tone would be nice but not much else. Most luxury cars will not have stripes but there is one guy that had a pretty wild paintjob on this site, do a search on it. He was thinking about selling it as is, and we told him to repaint it first.

Well you know.... there are cars you can strip and rice out and then there are cars that need to be respected...like the Mark VIII.

I'm not saying that people should bow down to the Mark VIII just saying that it's a disgrace to the Mark VIII to put flash on it .. in my opinion the stripes take away from the Mark VIII's respect and lowers it and the driver to the realm of what ricers do.

The Mark VIII isn't a fast car but can be made into a respectable car with work. Why shouw somone do the same thing to the Mark VIII that Ricers do when they bling the hell out of the car and make it look like it should be on the track sitting in the winner's circle when it can't. (granted there are nice foreign cars that can be easily modded to scream down the track, but they too need work not stickers or a stripe).

To me the Mark VIII is a 90's attempt on American Muscle in a Luxury car, not that it compares to those of the 60's or early 70's but... it's much more than many options from the 80's and 90's... The Mark VIII should not fit in the realm of those stupid 90's Dodge Avengers that I see so often with stripes an appeal to the HS and Ricer crowd...

most people dont realize that the cobra stripes on the mustangs weren't STRAIGHT LINES.

The only portion that was straight lines is the middle seperator stripe, the outsides of the stripes had different dimensions from the front of the hood to the back of the hood and the front of the roof to the back of the roof and from the beginning of the trunk lid to the bottom of the car.

That is why "most stripes" on cars just "dont look right".. because.. THEY AREN'T RIGHT because they are "STRAIGHT STRIPES".

Geno's mark 8 picture posted above illustrates that perfectly...those straight stripes no way resemble "cobra stripes"..other than.. they are stripes.
The outer demensions are all wrong.

I just did my stripes with a spray can of krylon spray paint & lots of masking tape. It looks just like a street racer honda now! It even feels faster too! :p

stripes.JPG

Members online

Back