Sub ported into cabin JL12

OLLY00

LVC Member
Reaction score
My previous sub box took up way too much trunk space so my friend offered to build a smaller, tuned to spec. enclosure for my JL 12W3V2. The enclosure was designed to hang from the mounting points of the factory sub tray and is ported into the cabin through the 6x9 opening. Since it is mounted to the rear deck it does not move at all.

sub2.jpg

Photo_020306_002.jpg

Photo_020306_003.jpg

Photo_020206_004.jpg

BBBBAAAADDDD AAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I wish I had time to do something like that....Well and a steady hand with the jig saw~~......How loud is it and I know its clean cuz its JL ......But how does it sound with regular music....

SilverLS said:
BBBBAAAADDDD AAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I wish I had time to do something like that....Well and a steady hand with the jig saw~~......How loud is it and I know its clean cuz its JL ......But how does it sound with regular music....

Regular music as opposed to what other music?

It's louder than my previous vented box and much smoother sounding. I get the best of both worlds with this band pass design and save space too. I have the Kenwood DDX7015 with dedicated sub out volume control powered by 1 JL 500/5. The enclosure was tuned to 37 Hz so I get deep lows and it hard hits in the upper Hz range. One of the neatest things is that it can move your hair inside the car and the car next to you at the stop light can't even hear you.

thats awesome. i currently have 2 JL 12W3V2 D4 in a sealed box in my 88 LSC on a Memphis 300.2 for now you can hear me clearly about 3 blocks away Bass is low and deep. but gotta change the box and amp soon . box will be a lower profile build power edge ported enclosure and the amp will be a JL 1000/1 man i cant wait. but that will be in due time but in the Mark 7 series all those damn wires and electronic boxes are on the rear deck upside down unless i move them all and bolt them down elsewhere that would be a great project to add to the restoring of my Mark LSC..

Not bad, whats the enclosure tuned to... you need to upgrade you fullrnage/ mids.. and reciever to have a more enjoyabel complete system..

Im personally working on a custom install with 2 XXX 18's subs, ID horns, xxx mids..avhp flipout
workin on the whip though... wish me luck

hahahahhahahahahaa HOLY SH!T!!! and you got 2 of those??? wowww you're crazyyyy, that is gonna do some damge lol

LennDawg said:
hahahahhahahahahaa HOLY SH!T!!! and you got 2 of those??? wowww you're crazyyyy, that is gonna do some damge lol

My LS is gonna be a beast..

Just gotta get it man...

I got too much for it man... 5 tv's

2 18's
2 orion 2500'ds
2 eclipse for the mids and horns
22's
low pro's
full tint
Tenz vertical grille
wood dash kit

I dont think im gonna do lambos, its too much man, useless, gotta keep the LS clean and classy.. I will do suicide doors/ shaved door handles.

I like you ride by the way.. good looks

8 inch.. u like that

im jealous lol..... man ur gonna have a club in ur car lol... but hey good luck man good luck...gonna do mine with al JL but my next LINCOLN will be either another Mark 7 or 8 or possibly an LSC in the coming year or so. or i may just put all memphis in the one i have now and save the JL's for the next StincolnLincoln and uumm what site did you got to to find those subs. i may have to sell my memphis and get some 12's of those.

See you dont do bass huh?????
Regular music as opposed to what other music
he knew what I meant.......You can play NOTES!!! or you can play everyday radio songs......I love it when I hear a loud system and know what song they are listening to ......Not a bass cd and you can hear the mid and highs also......I am thinking about buy 2 of these JL's but I need them in dual 4 and the guy has dual 2....so......

as far as the XXX's goes HOLY SNIKES!!!! Those amps are Freaking hugh too......I will get my system finished on day .....I just installed the new flip out in dash.....I like this one better......The new JENSEN vm9515TS....Yesd its a jensen but there new stuff looks good.....I saw it before I bought it and loved it so much cleaner now and half the price// It does still say jensen though.......O well I like it .....

Not bad, whats the enclosure tuned to... you need to upgrade you fullrnage/ mids.. and reciever to have a more enjoyabel complete system..

Correction from above. The enclosure is tuned to 33Hz. When I had the system put in I upgraded to the Kenwood 7015, JL 500/5 to run everything, and all cabin speakers to 6.5 Diamond Audio components.

Members online

No members online now.
Back