Swapping springs from another car

why would you think that a spring from a full size SUV will fit or even come close to working on a passenger car?

Need them to support the weight I have in my car. About 1200 pounds.

LOL.

Well the stock navigator has air shocks unless they were replaced with a spring conversion kit.

But its not gonna work. The navigator and LS are two completly different vehicles, nowhere near on the same platform. And most of the components are shared with the jaguar S-type.

Are you the owner of the LS with all the batteries in the back and the intense system?

i would just get some of the rubber spring spacers to compensate for the sag, and it would help to stiffing it up a little bit.

there is a lot more to springs than just picking a heaver car to grab them from, size, length, spring rate...

the chances of just grabbing a random spring and it bolting in would be very slim.

I like your LS alot man. Much respect for the system.. Did you ever wall it?

I miss my competition car... :(

Do you compete, or do you just ground pound like nobody's business? Ever had it metered?

Also what do you have for your alternator, I am guessing a HO, but what amperage?

Sorry for all the questions, maybe link me to a build log if you have one lol.

i would just get some of the rubber spring spacers to compensate for the sag, and it would help to stiffing it up a little bit.

there is a lot more to springs than just picking a heaver car to grab them from, size, length, spring rate...

the chances of just grabbing a random spring and it bolting in would be very slim.

Oh I see, Didn't know that. It seems like that might be my best bet then. Just had a guy with the same car, but he had 16 KHC2400's with 16 Sundown 1500's, walled off with 4 15's in his LS and he said he put some chevy springs. But can't get a hold of that guy.

I like your LS alot man. Much respect for the system.. Did you ever wall it?

I miss my competition car... :(

Do you compete, or do you just ground pound like nobody's business? Ever had it metered?

Also what do you have for your alternator, I am guessing a HO, but what amperage?

Sorry for all the questions, maybe link me to a build log if you have one lol.

Im actually about to start the wall (4 15 DC 4XL's). Im just in it to ground pound man. When the wall's done, going to have some buddies help me with it, I'll post up numbers man. But Im tuning to 30hz, so its definitely going to be a low end monster. Oh and I have a DC Power 270XP, does about 300 at max rpm, and 200 at idle. Wanted to get a second one in there but water pump is in the way.

What did you have in yours if you don't mind me asking?

Here's my build log on SMD. www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56238-obis-lincoln-ls-build-4-15s-8kw/

Last edited:
Sickkk! Definitely keep us updated on the wall... That is going to ruin your LS, but at least it is for a good cause lol.

How many runs of 0/1 did you do between the alternator and the battery bankin the trunk?

I had several systems, but the latest was my 4 12" Cascade Designs build in a Nissan Pathfinder. Powered by a Atomic 7k. Iraggi 200amp alt, 4 KHC 2400s, and 1 KHC 1800... 6 runs of HyperFlex.

Here is a vid:
YouTube - Cascade Designs Omega. Atomic 7kw

OBI, that is a lot of work you put in your ls, nice.

Damn andrizzle, looks like your car was going to fall apart. Would you drive with it that loud? I think I would wear ear plugs if I drove with it that loud, maybe it's just me but I want to be able to hear past my 20's :D

OBI, that is a lot of work you put in your ls, nice.

Damn andrizzle, looks like your car was going to fall apart. Would you drive with it that loud? I think I would wear ear plugs if I drove with it that loud, maybe it's just me but I want to be able to hear past my 20's :D

Thanks man. Just wait till the wall is in man. I'll Post some vids

Sickkk! Definitely keep us updated on the wall... That is going to ruin your LS, but at least it is for a good cause lol.

How many runs of 0/1 did you do between the alternator and the battery bankin the trunk?

I had several systems, but the latest was my 4 12" Cascade Designs build in a Nissan Pathfinder. Powered by a Atomic 7k. Iraggi 200amp alt, 4 KHC 2400s, and 1 KHC 1800... 6 runs of HyperFlex.

Here is a vid:
YouTube - Cascade Designs Omega. Atomic 7kw

Damn Bro Nice Voltage, No drops hardly. Whats up with the Ascendant Audio logo? Did you used to run them? Also how did that sunroof hold up? I give mines a month before its broken, or I blow it off it's track. LOL Also I did big 3 in 3/0, so I just have a pos and neg 3/0 run to the back.

3 AWG where the fk did you find room to run that b!tch? lol

And the sunroof broke in that car :[

Yea I used to run AA in that vehicle. Also Fi and American Bass - that's why there is so many random decals on it lol.

Yeah thats a crazy install.

Thing about it i dunno it just seems like way too much. With only two 10" subs you can hit 155db if you know what youre doing. And for a setup thats just for the street...dang man.

And tearing apart such a nice vehicle...i couldint do it. That kind of setup i would use to compete, so i could make my money back. And id throw it into an suv or a second car not my daily driver.

3 AWG where the fk did you find room to run that b!tch? lol

And the sunroof broke in that car :[

Yea I used to run AA in that vehicle. Also Fi and American Bass - that's why there is so many random decals on it lol.
Thought so about the sunroof. lol, what AA did you run? And I ran it underneath the car and it comes through the wheel wells. The guys at DC Power Hooked it up.

Yeah thats a crazy install.

Thing about it i dunno it just seems like way too much. With only two 10" subs you can hit 155db if you know what youre doing. And for a setup thats just for the street...dang man.

And tearing apart such a nice vehicle...i couldint do it. That kind of setup i would use to compete, so i could make my money back. And id throw it into an suv or a second car not my daily driver.

2 10's could probably do that in a purely SPL setup. The Loudest I've ever seen 2 10's get on Music, this was Rob on Team DC, he had 2 Lvl 5 10's on 2 Stetsom 14ks, (running one only for music), and he did a 151, on music peaking in the 50hz range. Now I wanna get loud in the mid to high 30hz range. BIGG difference. And there aint much money to be made in this sport unless you win in final's, in most organizations. But trust me man every cut/hole drilled hurts me man. lol

He said 3/0, which is a lot bigger than 3...that is huge. :eek:
This

Yes. I mean 3 ought. Or however you pronounce it.

That is like running powerline wire haha.

I ran AA havocs, the new ones. Two 15s.

Yeah 30hz is freakin low.

does steve meade even get that low? I know his tahoe was around 39hz but the caddy gets a bit lower doesnt it?

Yes. I mean 3 ought. Or however you pronounce it.

That is like running powerline wire haha.

I ran AA havocs, the new ones. Two 15s.

I love them way them Havocs look. Very nice sub.

Yeah 30hz is freakin low.

does steve meade even get that low? I know his tahoe was around 39hz but the caddy gets a bit lower doesnt it?

Steve's box is tuned at 30hz. But he peaks at around 38-40hz. Usually you peak 5-10hz higher then your tuning freq, usually. But 30hz isnt to crazy low, I know guys that tune all the way down to like 22hz (Ian AKA Iceman). Also sat in Gary Killian's Excursions (12 15's he was tuned at 24-24hz) Man that thing is a wind tunnel. 20hz at 155, and almost a 160 at 28-32hz :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back