Thanks extended warranty!

Jimmy G

LVC Member
Reaction score
My 06 was starting to idle a little funny. I took it into the dealer and lo and behold 2 COP were going bad. They replaced them both and with my vanishing deductible, my cost was $0

Cool...but i would have tried to get all of them replaced.

Nice. Hopefully they replaced the plugs too.

The car has only 34,500 miles on it, so plugs might not be an issue. I asked about the rest of the COP's being replaced and the service manager said Ford makes them jump through hoops to do them all. They did the stress test and only found the 2 bad ones. If the others go I'll just let the warranty do it's thing.

The car has only 34,500 miles on it, so plugs might not be an issue. I asked about the rest of the COP's being replaced and the service manager said Ford makes them jump through hoops to do them all. They did the stress test and only found the 2 bad ones. If the others go I'll just let the warranty do it's thing.

Wouldn't matter if it only had 500 miles on it. The procedure is to change the plug when changing the coil. A bad plug can cause a coil to fail, and a bad coil can damage a plug.

an 06 with 35k miles and coils are going bad?? I thought the bugs were supposed to be worked out. Hopefully you'll have at least another 80k trouble free miles.

an 06 with 35k miles and coils are going bad?? I thought the bugs were supposed to be worked out. Hopefully you'll have at least another 80k trouble free miles.

Its still a 6 year old vehicle.

Low mileage but things wear from time too.

Joe, I'll ask them about the plug change when I go back for the warranty paper work. I've got a long term relationship with the dealer and I believe they did it the right way.

Cool...but i would have tried to get all of them replaced.

They won't do that under the extended warranty. Only what is verifiably bad/throwing a code.

I've had all 8 of mine replaced over 4 years under this warranty. First two times they just replaced one, last time they said the other 6 threw codes so they finally did them.

Edited to add they changed the plugs as well as the coils when they did this.

I talked to the service manager and they did not replace the plugs. So if I have another problem, I guess the extended warranty will have to deal with it.

I recently just got my car back from ford as well, they replaced both VCG's and all coils and plugs. Guess i'm lucky lol

Is the 2006 still not covered by the 100K extended coil warranty?

They won't do that under the extended warranty. Only what is verifiably bad/throwing a code.

I've had all 8 of mine replaced over 4 years under this warranty. First two times they just replaced one, last time they said the other 6 threw codes so they finally did them.

Edited to add they changed the plugs as well as the coils when they did this.

yeah i know.

Guess you could buy 8 bad coils and they will stress them and fix them although thats very dishonest.

Is the 2006 still not covered by the 100K extended coil warranty?

No it is not. 2003 is covered for coils and gaskets, 2004 and 2005 is covered for the coils only and 06 is on their own.

Great. I felt a few misses/stumbles yesterday :(

One of my '06es "lost" coil #4 around 58K miles. The other is going strong at ~93K miles. I plan on changing coils (preventative) and plugs at 100K.

One of my '06es "lost" coil #4 around 58K miles. The other is going strong at ~93K miles. I plan on changing coils (preventative) and plugs at 100K.

My 06 made it to around 92K miles. It went from no stumbles to low power, bad shaking, and a flashing check engine light. I quickly changed the #3 coil and plug, and the bad problems stopped, but there was a stumble left. I went ahead and replaced the other seven plugs and coils the next weekend. It was then that I found the real problem. The mounting arm of the #4 coil was broken.

Members online

No members online now.
Back