The Day The LS Died.............

all i can say is i cnat wiat till they brin back the continetal
wenever that will be i gurantee i will be :)

Wtf!!!!!

SONS OF B1TCHES!! THE CAR HASN'T BEEN SELLING WELL CAUSE OF NO ADVERTISING ON THE VEHICLE. WHAT DID THEY EXPECT FOR THE CAR TO SELL ITSELF ON IT'S OWN. THE ONLY CAR THAT LINCOLN ADVERTISES IS THE NAVIGATOR OR THE AVIATOR WHICH FOR ONE I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT MANY COMMERCIALS FOR EITHER!! BEFORE MY WIFE AND I PURCHASED THE LS8 I'VE NEVER SEEN A COMMERCIAL OR ANYTHING FOR THE LS!! IF IT WASN'T FOR MY BROTHER THAT WORKS AT A FLM TELLING ME ABOUT THE VEHICLE I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN CONSIDERED BUYING BUT I'M GLAD I DID. IT'S A GREAT CAR, IT'S A SHAME THEY DON'T SEE THAT. WHAT THEY SHOULD DO IS FIRE THERE ADVERTISING PEOPLE FOR DOING SUCH A POOR, POOR JOB OF TRYING TO ADVERTISE THE LS!! SORRY FOR THE CAPS GUYS HAD TO VENT!! :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang

Bryan, I'm sure quick does...matter of fact I think he posted it before...

But yeah...We now join the Mark VIII guys in their sadness. Maybe they'll start a support group. I just wish Lincoln could have seen the meet and how many people had nothing but comments on what a nice car the LS is and how much they want one. It really is a shame.

Don't worry guys, I'm about 30 minutes away from that wixom plant, i'll go there and start errrr, screwing and rivoting new model LS's for 2007!!!! :D :Beer

BIG CELO said:
SONS OF B1TCHES!! THE CAR HASN'T BEEN SELLING WELL CAUSE OF NO ADVERTISING ON THE VEHICLE. WHAT DID THEY EXPECT FOR THE CAR TO SELL ITSELF ON IT'S OWN. THE ONLY CAR THAT LINCOLN ADVERTISES IS THE NAVIGATOR OR THE AVIATOR WHICH FOR ONE I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT MANY COMMERCIALS FOR EITHER!! BEFORE MY WIFE AND I PURCHASED THE LS8 I'VE NEVER SEEN A COMMERCIAL OR ANYTHING FOR THE LS!! IF IT WASN'T FOR MY BROTHER THAT WORKS AT A FLM TELLING ME ABOUT THE VEHICLE I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN CONSIDERED BUYING BUT I'M GLAD I DID. IT'S A GREAT CAR, IT'S A SHAME THEY DON'T SEE THAT. WHAT THEY SHOULD DO IS FIRE THERE ADVERTISING PEOPLE FOR DOING SUCH A POOR, POOR JOB OF TRYING TO ADVERTISE THE LS!! SORRY FOR THE CAPS GUYS HAD TO VENT!! :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang

i hear you, but lincoln does not really advertise much for their vehicles anyway. i can tell you why they do not sell, look at the price... V6 fully loaded looking at $35k, which is not too bad, now the V8 fully loaded is $50k!!!! lincoln is out of their mind! i rather spend my $50k on something that i know will last me a hell of a long time, something that i do not have to go to the dealer every 25k miles, saying my tranny is slipping or valve springs broke. i just hope to god that the zephyr does not encounter these problems. cause IMHO this is going to be the car that is going to make or brake lincoln, they screw this one up, say goodbye! sorry i had to vent alil too... i liked the LS it is a shame! :Bang :L

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
i hear you, but lincoln does not really advertise much for their vehicles anyway. i can tell you why they do not sell, look at the price... V6 fully loaded looking at $35k, which is not too bad, now the V8 fully loaded is $50k!!!! lincoln is out of their mind! i rather spend my $50k on something that i know will last me a hell of a long time, something that i do not have to go to the dealer every 25k miles, saying my tranny is slipping or valve springs broke. i just hope to god that the zephyr does not encounter these problems. cause IMHO this is going to be the car that is going to make or brake lincoln, they screw this one up, say goodbye! sorry i had to vent alil too... i liked the LS it is a shame! :Bang :L

I hear ya!! They really need to advertise there products better that's for sure, and If they don't do that with the zephyr then the same thing may just happen to it.

I hope this isn't a surprise to everyone. It's been known by the outer circles that the LS would either be dumped in 2006 or 2007. I was hoping for 2007 since that's when I was planning to buy another vehicle. I may end up buying a used 2006 LSE if I don't find an M3 in my price range.

There is only one demise of the LS and it was Marketing. If you don't market an item it will die. This was the eventual collapse of the LS as a new car. However, there are still plenty of good used LS's out there but we'll never see a factory Hi-Po LS which is sad.

There is only one demise of the LS and it was Marketing. If you don't market an item it will die.

So true. They did the exact same thing with the Marauder. When will they learn?

we'll never see a factory Hi-Po LS which is sad.

We should've though. This ties in with the whole marketing thing. What do you think the CTS-V is for? It's a marketing tool to get customers in the showroom so they can buy up all the V-6 CTS's.

It makes you wonder if they're trying to follow a simliar method for BMW marketing. Just like audio, most of the best manufacturers of subs and amps aren't even known by most.. like Mcintosh. One of my other partners has had a high-end sound company (mostly in-house theater but does car audio) in michigan here and sees more sales for a more of the "real" gear that only audiophiles would know of. There are then a group of people who come in looking for Bose thinking its actually pretty good.

I cannot really recall at any point when i've seen a BMW commercial lately to be honest, yet they continue to keep selling. Perhaps after 3 stikes on the maurader, LS, and mark VIII they're realize... then again, I wouldn't hold my breath counting on it either.

I'd really challenge anyone to tell me of any lincoln car, truck or SUV that has 3 seperate commercials that were shown within the same year haha :F

Lincoln is driving the short bus to marketing, and even then, they'll discontinue the short bus soon there after like all of their other cars that have failed.

I think Lincoln will turn into Ford's Jeep line in a few years and sell nothing but trucks. I don't think this Zephyr project will work out. I also don't think the Mark LT will be around too long. Especially if the Blackwood died as quick as it did, which is still the tightest pick-up I've ever seen. I guess the Towncar does alright in sales. Like everyone else has said Lincoln really dropped the ball in marketing. When any other car gets Motortrend Car of the Year they commercialize the hell out of it, but I don't recall Lincoln mentioning it that much, if at all.

no lincoln wont stop the town car i dont think it will always be around except they will change it to a front wheel drive platform like the ford 500 i think
u agree the Mark lt will die soon think and
they are going to brin a new continetal in the picture in 08 or 09

I got this from my contact in the PR Dept at Lincoln:

We are confirming the LS will continue through the '06 model year and then end production. It will play an important role in '06 with it's V8 engine and be a great partner to the new V6 Lincoln Zephyr. However, with the combination of market demand and new products in the pipeline (that we'll talk about in the future), this was the course we chose.

bigdog1279 said:
no lincoln wont stop the town car i dont think it will always be around except they will change it to a front wheel drive platform like the ford 500 i think
u agree the Mark lt will die soon think and
they are going to brin a new continetal in the picture in 08 or 09

Did you see that concept Continental Lincoln had in a car show a few years ago. I thought that car was bad as hell. It had a 6.0 L V-12. Looked sort of like a Maybach. I used to have a 92 Continental and it still to this day the smoothest driving car I've ever been in. It felt like you were riding on a cloud.

Venom-Linc said:
Did you see that concept Continental Lincoln had in a car show a few years ago. I thought that car was bad as hell. It had a 6.0 L V-12. Looked sort of like a Maybach. I used to have a 92 Continental and it still to this day the smoothest driving car I've ever been in. It felt like you were riding on a cloud.

you mean bad as in good? :)

The Concept>

10345.jpg

10347.jpg

10343.jpg

yes as soon as that comes out im gona bi it ill morgage the house for 50,000 or so if i have to and ill buy it 30 year morgage to by a car that how mouch i wnat that car

captainalias said:
you mean bad as in good? :)

I thought the Continental was trill, off da chain, cool, bad to the bone, wang-chung, funky fresh, groovy, stimulating to my senses? I hope I covered all the bases. I'm not sure what era you're from. :N Anyways, I really liked the car.

I'm just messin with ya by the way. I don't have enough posts for anyone to know otherwise.

Well, I hate to see it die, but maybe this means my LS will become more of a collectors item and increase in value....

I'm just glad that I own one.

mharrison said:
Well, I hate to see it die, but maybe this means my LS will become more of a collectors item and increase in value....

I'm just glad that I own one.
It's sad to say that the majority of cars do not appreciate in value. It's the only item you'll ever buy that you'll lose your a$$ on.

Yeah...but it will gain value where it counts...style. The LS is a beutiful car whose design has and will stand the test of time.

My biggest hope is that they find something to put the 3.9 in. Now that would help us tremendously...not likely though.

Members online

Back