The Love For the LS

dropped74

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What is it about this car that makes you just love it. Everytime I get in mine it kinda puts a smile on my face. The power is not just outrageous. I just don't know what it is. I have LS fever!!!! :L

dropped74 said:
What is it about this car that makes you just love it.

I love the LS because I don't see a ton of them on the road. (Out yonder in these neck of the woods BMWs and Benzs are like a$$holes... everyone has one I swear I see the whole line up every week on my 120 mile daily commute)

When I drive my LS I don't feel rushed or in any particular hurry to get anywhere... I drive my exploder at fast lane speeds on the freeways but the LS at slow lane speeds.

the look, it looks so clean and sleek. also the power as you said, im used to an exploder and the power is huge.

itsnotmydaddys said:
the look, it looks so clean and sleek. also the power as you said, im used to an exploder and the power is huge.

I guess so and it is not slow by any means but my other car is a 74 Ford with a 390 that is pretty built and will move. So in comparison it is not real powerful, but I would much rather get in the lincoln than the Ford everyday. Though the Ford is perfect for weekends!!! :give

dropped74 said:
What is it about this car that makes you just love it. Everytime I get in mine it kinda puts a smile on my face. The power is not just outrageous. I just don't know what it is. I have LS fever!!!! :L
I love the way the ride handles, Its a drifters dream.
I've got a manual tranny that makes it even more fun

itsnotmydaddys said:
im used to an exploder and the power is huge.

LOL

There should be rule about using the word explorer and power in the same sentence.

As mentioned the LS doesn't have an outrageous amount of power but I can atest to the fact that the V8s have more than enough to get one into trouble.

i like my ls's power. Its not like my nissan was (13psi boost 75shot) but its peppy for a big a** car like the ls. Plus its pretty funny when your lined up with the civic hatch banged to the ground with all the stickers, intakes, cams, exhaust systems, msd's, and 1000hp touring wings and you smoke him.

love at first sight

yeah!
I love my baby. I had others car before.
firebird, ES300, and G. cherokee. I love them all but not quite as much as LS.
I love it when I pull into gas station, people looking over.
some people dont even know it's lincoln.
One dude said, "wow, what kind of car is that? it's looks lot like lincoln."
Im bit sad that FLM does not advertise LS as much as they do other cars like nav/aviator. but Im also content that it just makes these cars more rare.
when I see other LS on the road, I cant stop myself from looking.
I was looking into getting BMW or C-class but after I drove LS, that was it.
plus, you cant beat american car.
pontiac was hell to deal with but loved it.
ES300, good car but did not like the handling at all.
LS, ah... it was love at first sight.

slagburn said:
LOL
There should be rule about using the word explorer and power in the same sentence.
As mentioned the LS doesn't have an outrageous amount of power but I can atest to the fact that the V8s have more than enough to get one into trouble.
Actually, the cammer (4.0 SOHC) Explorers have decent power. My '99 Sport is rated at 210hp bone stock. Sure, it's not the 280hp my '04 LS has, but it also weighs 300lbs less than the LS, which is good for a 30hp write-off. It'll run down the highway at 80 just like the LS--and the LS wouldn't make it past the gate at the farm... ;)

And, as with most cars, there are a few out there that you'll want to avoid at the next stoplight; check out www.explorerforum.com for more...

I totally agree, every time I get behind the wheel it's a rush. I just love driving this car. I love they way the seats hug you, the handling. And of coarse you get a lot of looks.

Like the LSE; however, would love to own a 60's Vette, Camaro, Cuda, Mach 1... 1950's Mercury or Chevy...

We can't forget about the 04 Cobra, 05 Vette, 04-05 Viper and Oh Year, car from the t.v. series "The Munsters"

The Lincoln LS is the best motorized conveyance ever devised. At least it seems that way sometimes. The combination of handling, comfort, and power just can't be beaten. This car does it all. I bought my LS as a temporary stop-gap to hold me over until 300Cs became more available and prices dropped, but I don't think I'd give this car up for a 300C - it's just too much fun.

Like everybody else is saying, not many people have them. I didn't even know about the LS until I went to a dealership, a relative of mine owns it. Lincoln was not my style at all. I was actually going to get an 05 Acura RSX type S. I was stuck on the RSX, but I was 20 yrs. old without enough credit so I couldn't get it. My uncle that owns the dealership here in San Diego/Carlsbad asked me if I wanted to check out the LS, I didn't even know what an LS was, haha shamed to say that! So I looked at it and was like whatever. Ran my credit, pulled some strings and brought the car home the next day due to insurance issues. After about a week driving it I was stuck on that LS, I see so many Chrysler 300's, BMW, and Mercedes. I'm 21 with a LINCOLN LS! All the people I see here in San Diego are all old ass people that drive them. Here are some pics:
DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

love the balck on black. change out that grill and add some eyelids and angel eyes and well be twins

12.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

Where'd you get your angel eyes? I was thinkin' ebay or lskoncepts. also tryin to get the mclaren grill. haha

got em both off ebay and installed em myself, and got it painted at my shop. but i highly recommend going through lskoncepts.com

After driving my pickup all week I always treat myself to the LS on Fridays and the weekend (sometimes my mustang starts and I drive it) But it just feels good to get in the LS. At 6'4 I have problems getting comfy in most cars but with adjustable pedals, telescoping steering, and climate controlled seats, I melt. If it wasn't for the firmer suspension to jolt you every once in awhile, the car would be dangerous because setting the cruise and not having to worry about tight curves just make it to easy to get drowsy. Oh yeah it is very nice being 22 and nobody expecting you in an LS, but I think it is very sporty and the girlfriend does too (always a plus).

I don't know what it is. I always viewed the LS like a BMW. The aggressive front end, the lack of them around...heck I see 10 300c's for every LS...I'm 6'5" and the LS is comfortable...I have a little wiggle room and the seats feel good. Plus it has a big back seat :D

I like my LS mostly because of its looks. I have seen it from the outside few times when I give it to my friend to drive and I drive his car. And every time I look at it I go WWOOOOWW. I love the color of my LS, in two and a half years that I have had this car I have seen maybe 10-12 LS in
Aqua Blue color and believe me, I see EVERY LS on the road around me.

I also like the handling very much. I like that it doesn't lean in turns, also has a very sharp stearing wheel.

There are some things that I don't like about it too, but when I look at it I forget about them.

Mostly it is the look of my LS that keeps it with me all of this time, I still can't imagine any other car that would give me that feeling of being unique on the road (in the price range of an LS of course).

I think I am gonna keep this car for a long time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back