The LS discontinued?

Fordman said:
http://www.blueovalnews.com/2005/products/naias.rozzi.zephyr13jan05.htm

Hopefully, this may clear some things up. According to this article in Blue Oval News, The LS is here to stay, for a while anyway. :zgreenbou

Not exactly what it says. Besides, the LS "should" continue until 2007, thereby overlapping the Zephyr for a year or so. Also, I find it odd that what Ford calls the Zephyr market is the same thing they calles the LS market in 2000.

This bumper makes it look newer and better, imo.

_CJG5991.JPG

Just needs new styling and a bigger grille.

-help from the people who did the Mustang

-the Mustang GT's 300 hp V-8 with 320 lb-ft of torque. Doesn't the 5 speed auto in the new Mustang come from the LS??

Not sure about the tranny, I was thinking it came from the Ranger actually... I think th3 '05 looks more like the original LSE, and that's a good thing. I'm not crazy about the wheels though. Maybe it's the camera angle but the bumper looks way too thick between the grill and air dam. Kinda looks like Pokeemon or something, whatever happened to subtle styling? I wish they would bring back the 4 pipe tail too... eh, my two cents worth anyway...

I do not like the keypad entry. man those things just dont look natural. They really should invest in driver awarese technologies that sense when the driver is appraocing the vehicle rather than this dated keypad.

The front bumper looks nice and I love that they have essentially retained the classic LS styling. I have yet to see an ugly LS! Well there is the one with the gull wing doors aside from it not any ugly LS on the road.

I saw one that looked like that at the dealer!? Did they do the LSE in '04 ? Agreed on that keypad. Talk about destroying the artistic flow of the car. The front clip looks nice though. I agree on the Mustang drivetrain also. Just stick it in there and offer the 5spd manual also. I am not sure if the 4.6 could be as smooth as the 3.9, but the aftermarket options...whoa!

I also read somewhere, I believe it was also in Blue Oval News a couple of months ago, where they said 2008 will be a re-style for the LS. I also that it was turning to a FWD vehicle. That sucks!!! They even had a protype picture, the car kinda looked like a CTS.....Yuck!!!!

so it seems then that they do want the LS to go away. Make it FWD and I know the loyal fans of the LS will abandon ship.

eL eS said:
so it seems then that they do want the LS to go away. Make it FWD and I know the loyal fans of the LS will abandon ship.

I just can't see that happening. Leave FWD to Pontiac.

lsbit said:
I just can't see that happening. Leave FWD to Pontiac.

I agree as well, leave FWD to the bowtie boys... rear wheel is what anybody who can drive, drives!

You don't see many FWD cars in NASCAR, Lemanns or any other race body... just movies like "The Rice and Ridiculous " and "The Rice and Ridiculous II, Too Slow and Too Stupid"
:N

I'm sure I'm going to H e l l for that...

kleetus said:
You don't see many FWD cars in NASCAR, Lemanns or any other race body... just movies like "The Rice and Ridiculous " and "The Rice and Ridiculous II, Too Slow and Too Stupid"

I love the movie titles.

kleetus said:
I agree as well, leave FWD to the bowtie boys... rear wheel is what anybody who can drive, drives!

Front wheel drive is for people who don't understand true performance. ANy high price sports car is either rwd or awd favoring the rears. Plus, fwd doesn't handle as well, and harder to do doughnuts.

Got :ricesmile , no, but got the faster car.

I have a little sticker I got at a Harley shop in Myrtle beach... it reads "I Love The Smell of Burnt Rice" I'm debating on putting it on the LS...

One thing LS guys can look forward to if the LS is discontinued...

Price will be dropping and you'll have what us Mark VIII guys have...

Great Cars with all the trimmings for very low $$$$$.....

Can't complain about that! :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back