The LS is gone...

tylers65

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I traded the LS in on Friday for a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid.

Now, before you laugh...

I drive 400 to 500 miles per week and premium here is $3.47 per gallon. They also made me a deal I could not turn down.

Persistance paid off. I worked over the locval Honda dealership for several (9) days. The initially offered me $12,000 for my trade. This was about what everyone was offereing me no matter what I was looking at. I even had offers as low as $10,500. The killer was that I owed $15,200 on it and was not about to finance negative equity. So I decided to sell it myself. I had originally asked $17,500 but quickly realized the error I had made based on the local market. I then dropped it down to $16,500 well knowing that I was going to be haggled and really only wanted to pay it off.

So the Honda dealer sells me this Hybrid at MSRP (without the curtrent $3000 Market adjustment) AND gives me $15,300 for the LS. I just could not turn it down at that point.

So I have put 150 miles on it already and ALL of it was city driving except all of 5 miles on the freeway. I am averaging 47.5 MPG and the damn thing isn't even broken in yet.

I want to thank everyone here for the kind words about my car and any/all help that I was given.

Stay safe everyone. I will be checking in to see if Quik ever gets that SC kit up and running. No matter what, I still have to take my hat off to him.

See you on the road and pass you at the pump.

Tyler

Dude why didn't you get the 2007? Despite the fact that it's a Honda, I actually think it looks pretty sweet. Well, as far as I remember... I think I saw it on TV one time, it might've even been something else, but oh well. Anyway, at least you're doing something good for the environment. ;)

lexmarkz00 said:
Dude why didn't you get the 2007? Despite the fact that it's a Honda, I actually think it looks pretty sweet. Well, as far as I remember... I think I saw it on TV one time, it might've even been something else, but oh well. Anyway, at least you're doing something good for the environment. ;)

The 2007 is not even out yet...

If you are referring to the new body style, that is the 2006 and what I bought.

Well you could've waited, but that's irrelevant seeing as how I was wrong in thinking that they were redesigned for 2007 so yeah... my bad. :)

A HONDA.:shifty: ...:shifty: :shifty: ... Sometimes I understand you just have to DO IT !!!:cool: :cool:

Congrats, I like the new civic coupes, do not like the rear ends on the 4 doors. I wish I could get one but that is impossible but tomorrow(monday) could be the last day the LS and I have together, well just have to wait and see how things go, atleast I well be getting around 26 mpg mixed driving compared to barely staying at 20 if everything goes ok.

yup yup yup.

I'm looking to get a new Accord myself. I like the mileage of the Civic hybrid, but just can't get a car with a 9 sec or so 0-60. I would get the Accord Hybrid, but the price difference between that and the regular V6 accord does not justify the gas savings. Besides, I want the 6-speed! It will still save me about $50 per month in gas, plus the lease payment should be about $50 lower than my current LS payment. $100 a month savings, plus I get the 6-speed, a slightly faster car, bigger back seat, and better stereo. I just can't see the downside (well, ok, maybe FWD is a downside ... but only on dry days).

So ... yeah, i know where you're coming from.

tylers65 said:
Now, before you laugh...

I can't imagine anyone laughing at you right now....

What amazes me is you got them to deal on the car. Is it painted pink or something????

Fla02LS said:
I have been looking at the new Accord hybrids. http://automobiles.honda.com/models...s.asp?ModelName=Accord+Hybrid&Category=Hybrid . Nice cars, have everything the LS has, its V6 has more horsepower than 00-02 V8 LS's, and gets ohhhh twice the mpg. You made a smart choice. The LS is a nice car but its not gods gift to mankind, its just a car.

Yeah...the Accord is good and all but look at it this way. You drive up to the house to pick up your date. She walks to the driveway and says:

Honda Accord: Girl: "Is this yours?"
You: "Why yes it is! It's an Accord."
Girl: "Looks just like my mom's." :(

Lincoln LS: Girl: "This is you?!?"
You: "That's my baby!"
Girl: "Nice car!" :cool:

But then again if your major use for the car is commuting and dropping the kids off at school then I guess that really doesn't apply to you.

He still had to finace the diffrence he just didn't relize it. He said there was a 3000 rebate that the dealer kept instead and also had to pay sticker. If he is happy that is all the matters.

PM80 said:
He still had to finace the diffrence he just didn't relize it. He said there was a 3000 rebate that the dealer kept instead and also had to pay sticker. If he is happy that is all the matters.

No, he said without the $3k market adjustment. Meaning the dealer was originally asking $3k OVER MSRP.

$3k rebate on an '06 Civic Hybrid? Hahaha! Not a chance in hell that's going to happen.

FreeFaller said:
Yeah...the Accord is good and all but look at it this way. You drive up to the house to pick up your date. She walks to the driveway and says:

But then again if your major use for the car is commuting and dropping the kids off at school then I guess that really doesn't apply to you.

:eyeroll:

:slap:

FreeFaller said:

Well....from the LS's i have seen on the road i think you'd run into, "Hey, my grandma has that Lincoln". I have seen all old people, maybe 2 or 3 people that i would consider young. But I am married with a 3 yr old. The days of impressing or even caring what others think are long gone. I own a home, two cars and make plenty of money, so a 19 yr old who lives at home and works at some cell phone store BUT has a nice car doesnt impress me.

Fla02LS said:
Well....from the LS's i have seen on the road i think you'd run into, "Hey, my grandma has that Lincoln". I have seen all old people, maybe 2 or 3 people that i would consider young. But I am married with a 3 yr old. The days of impressing or even caring what others think are long gone. I own a home, two cars and make plenty of money, so a 19 yr old who lives at home and works at some cell phone store BUT has a nice car doesnt impress me.

yeah but my grandma is hot.....................j/k I couldn't resist. Sorry if that offends any older ladies on this forum.

I paid MSRP for the Civic AND got them to give me $100 more than I owed on the Lincoln.

The story is as follows..

9 days prior to the trade, I found a 2006 Civic EX on their lot used with 8000 miles on the clock. I went back for it 2 days later and it was gone. They then tried to get me in a brand new Civic EX but wanted to "appraise" my Lincoln. So one of the head salesmen gets in and drives it. Upon his return, he and all of the other sales guys congregate in a small office to "discuss" my car. By "discuss" I mean talk trash. It would seem that this guy hated everything about my car and wanted to make sure that everyone in that office new it. The problem was that the door was left wide open and everyone in the entire dealership heard him. I waited and my salesman comes out. He hands me a slip that says $12,000 as though this other guy is trying to spite me because he knew I wanted $12,500. So I politely tell the salesman that it just isn't going to happen.

4 days later, I decided to send them an email outlining every offer I had gotten for trade as well as the other offers I had been given on similar cars. One was $3500 under MSRP on a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL with Leather and the works. I thanked him for his time and informed him kindly that my business would be going elsewhere. I ended the letter by telling him that the next time his buddy wants to talk trash about people and their cars, he should have the common courtesy to close the door so the entire world cannot hear about it. I went on to quote the guy word for word and told them they had a deep hole to get out of with me if they ever wanted my business. That sinched the deal. Dingle nuts with the big mouth is now unemployed and I got the deal I wanted. No altercation, no hard feelings and now I save about $200 a month and have the car I wanted.

My salesman there was the best one I have ever dealt with. Timing also played a HUGE role as they had just taken delivery of the car as he was reading my email. He really went to bat to get me the pay off balance on the Lincoln ($15,200). He even drove it home that night and told me what a shame it was that I had to part with it because he really thought it was a nice car.

The car is not pink.

Here is the car and the wheels that will be on it soon. I also intend to tint the windows and after that, I plan to drive it until those wheels fall off.

boss_318_blk_chrm_lg_enlarge.gif

Picture011.gif

Picture010.gif

Picture009.gif

Picture008.gif

Picture007.gif

Picture006.gif

Picture005.gif

Picture004.gif

I see them popping up everything now, a great way to save money. I went to my dealer who had treated me like crap and started to see what was possible to get. They said the Cobalt LT was just not going to work w/ the negative equity but gave me free range at their used lot. Unfortionaltly the only car that struck me was a '03 Eclipse GTS, only problem was it was auto/4 spd manumatic and I really want a stick again. So the sales guy understood and wanted to know what his buyer could look for the next few days, I told 'em about 5 cars so we well see.

If anything I well go and let the used lot know what happened on the new lot side and get me the deal that way but we well see what happens the next few days.

Enjoy the car and nice gas mileage, do not let negative comments on here get to you, some people just cannot let things go and realize there comes a time when some people just do not care that they are driving the "pimpist" thing around getting bad attention.

I hope you don't think I was making fun of him. If I had to choose between the "average" LS here on LvC and the Civic, I'd probably take the Honda. :x

I really like the 2 door Civic. I wouldn't get a hybrid because I do mostly highway driving. And, puting effeciency aside, I test drove the Si a few weeks ago and nearly bought the thing... still seriously considering it.

Anyone here who makes fun of me can come line up next to the 65 and put there money where there mouth is ;)

The Civic is a great daily driver but the Fastback is the fun toy. And yes, it goes around corners fast too :p

Tyler -

Putting those wheels on your car will reduce your MPG alot!! That car is made the way it is to get the best mileage. If you take the spoiler off even, you are losing mpg. Just a quick note.

I did not think you were making fun lex, just based on posts of me looking for something else and the crap I got I was just putting it out there that some may make fun of someone doing something to financially better themselves.

Members online

No members online now.
Back