The LS is gone...

lexmarkz00 said:
Agreed. :p It actually kinda looks like a mouse.
A rodent mouse or computer mouse ? Could be either. First thing i thought of was back when Epcot first opened here that civic is what "cars of the future" looked like back then. Nothing wrong with it. One things for sure, come time for new tires they'll be dirt cheap. Be happy

J3FF said:
Tyler -

Putting those wheels on your car will reduce your MPG alot!! That car is made the way it is to get the best mileage. If you take the spoiler off even, you are losing mpg. Just a quick note.

yup. gotta agree ... sort of. It will affect it, just not "alot." you will definitely see a difference when you change the aerodynamics and rolling resistance, though. The car is designed to eek every bit of efficiency out of it.

I am still taking the wheels into consideration. Although the ones that are on it are painful to look at, the benefit of those ugly wheels is the design/engineering that went into them to obtain low drag at a very light (14.1 LBS) weight.

I have been watching the hybrid forums for people who have opted for aftermarket wheels and tires and I am still waiting to see what happens regarding fuel economy.

As of this post, I have put 303 miles on just over half a tank of gas and have averaged 50.2 MPG over those 303 miles. Every commute back and forth to work has netted me a steady increase in my average MPG but as they say, all good things must come to an end so we shall see just how many MPG this little thing will REALLY get. I have seen claims of up to 60MPG. I doubt I will achieve that good out of a tank. Hell, I am happy with the 50 MPG I am getting.

tylers65 said:
I am still taking the wheels into consideration. Although the ones that are on it are painful to look at, the benefit of those ugly wheels is the design/engineering that went into them to obtain low drag at a very light (14.1 LBS) weight.

I have been watching the hybrid forums for people who have opted for aftermarket wheels and tires and I am still waiting to see what happens regarding fuel economy.

As of this post, I have put 303 miles on just over half a tank of gas and have averaged 50.2 MPG over those 303 miles. Every commute back and forth to work has netted me a steady increase in my average MPG but as they say, all good things must come to an end so we shall see just how many MPG this little thing will REALLY get. I have seen claims of up to 60MPG. I doubt I will achieve that good out of a tank. Hell, I am happy with the 50 MPG I am getting.

Had a '92 Civic many moons ago. The 1.6L would get me 50 mpg when driven at 67mph on the freeway.

Good grief!! You got that much trade-in money on an '01??!!!

You did INCREDIBLE on your deal!!

Update

The dealership that gave me $15,300 for my trade has my car listed at $14,877. This is a "sale price" down from $16,990

Members online

No members online now.
Back