thinkin about gettin rid of the LS...

Gibson

LVC Member
Reaction score
and gettin a lincoln aviator. love the interior in em and they seem to be pretty ballsy for an SUV performance-wise. my question is... i still owe about 4 grand on the LS. its a black 02 non-sport with almost 90k, but in good shape, nothing wrong with it (anymore). what do u think i could get out of the LS? i'm in college and dont have a ton of money but my current car payment isn't killing me. thanks for any info

definitely don't trade it in.... sell it for 5-6k and you got yourself a down payment

The Aviators are REALLY cheap right now.....and my buddies whom are CHEVY lovers said the one of the only Ford vehicles they would ever buy would be a Lincoln Aviator.......

I LOVE the aviator.... just know before you buy one that you are getting into a more expensive vehicle overall.... worse fuel economy, increased maintenance costs, etc...

I have have an aviator and a LS, make sure you get a warranty if one is offered, they use a lot of gas, i average about 18 on the highway and 12 when i tow my LS, if you are a big guy, you might want to go bigger, I am 5'10 180lbs and i feel cramped after long road trips.

Which is funny cause it's just a Luxury ford explorer and I fit in my mother's explorer back in the day just fine and I was still 6'1"

also i havent had any problem, aside from coils and replacing brakes because i didnt know how to drive in the mountains while pulling a trailer, people say transmissions go bad, mine is running perfect with 69,xxx on the clock, and that mfer hauls ass.

Aviators are GARBAGE! I'd rethink your plan here....

Which is funny cause it's just a Luxury ford explorer and I fit in my mother's explorer back in the day just fine and I was still 6'1"

No kidding? I fit just fine in your mother back in the day too :D

:burn: :D :p

Your mom. Rated E for Everyone :p

My dad was incharge of LVL reapir when the aviator engines were made. Look very Very closley under the intake for oil. They had many head machining issues and head gasket issues. One head gasket is thicker then the other to make up for this. Also they sold 6 with no oil holes for the rods. They found 4, the other 2 people had bought. On a good note, one went 6000 miles and the other made 9000 miles with no oil to the top of the engine.

Really? It's just an Explorer with new trim.

I think they have different engines, I THINK, I may be wrong, but i think it has a mustang Cobra engine, and the Aviator is just nicer than the explorer, plus you can tow with the Aviator, Uhaul wont touch a Explorer.

You know what the two best days for an LS owner are?

The day they buy it and the day they sell it!;)

J/K, I'm not getting rid of my LS anytime soon.

Also on a side note my dad cleared 120k the year the aviators came out. 7 12's for almost the whole year. Engine repair was off da hook.

Members online

No members online now.
Back