Thinking of selling my wheels..

poniesviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought the first set of 18X9 speed stars from Brad. I love the fit, everything is perfect.. I've just outgrown the desire for an 18" wheel. I have a work truck now, so I'm not driving the car. Well, since I don't drive the car to work anymore, I have to worry about alot less road bumps/holes in the roads. Anybody who's been in Houston knows how it can be.

(My car is the black one, first in the #27 reply of this following thread)

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=23754

SO, I'm thinking of upgrading/degrading .. or whatever .. to less tire.

It takes a 20" wheel to do this and I've had my eyes on the perfect set since right after I bought these, and if I don't grab 'em in the next 6 mos they'll be obsolete.

So, what do you guess this set's worth?

I have 255/40/18 fronts, Dunlop sport maxx, 80% tread (tires I had when I bought these wheels)

And, 275/40/18 rears, BFG g force KDW, 95% tread at least.
There's about 3k miles on these tires, which includes one 2,500 mi round trip which was all on smooth interstate 35. I haven't done a single burnout and these tires stick!! I haven't rolled 'em over at all. they're 11.5" wide, no rubbing issues at all, and they tread water like a dream in moderate rain at 115 mph going down the interstate.

I am keeping this car forever and since I hardly drive it I want to upgrade to 20's and quit thinking about it. The car's almost perfect after it's next repaint and body mods, I'm going to pretty much park it and find another hot rod to fix up for a daily driver.

I considered throwing these in the garage so I don't kick myself in the ass later, but I don't know if I can justify having $4k tied up in two sets of wheels for this car when one isn't even being used.

Mainly curious what you guys think they're worth? I might just throw 'em in the garage.

I like those! I would do a straight-up trade with you. 20s with 245/35 ZR20 on the front and 275/30 ZR20 on the rear. the wheels are about 6mos old. let me know if you are interested.

new rims 007.jpg

I guess it's a matter of taste, but I never cared for the "ruberband" look with tires... :confused:

I think I paid around 240/pc.

I might just throw 'em in the garage and play around with these 20's then whichever I like more I'll keep. Thing with the 20's opposed to these, they might have a less attractive offset. I really wish Brad offered 20's in a certain wheel, maybe I could purchase one and have a custom set made. :p

I appreciate the offer on the wheels, and I'm not rippin on 'em but I'm not much for the fake rivet look that seems to be in style and plasti-chrome, plastic center caps. Open lugs only. :shifty: They look good on your ride though! Wheels make the whole attitude of the car.

Yeah the rubber band look is a touchy subject, I've been kickin dirt thinking about this, but the wheels I want, on a slammed car, I think would look very refined. Spokes are about .5" wide. 5 spoke design. Open lug, no fake rivet stuff goin on. Our wheel wells visually accept 20's as long as the car's not ridin high.

They might show up in the classifieds w/in the next month I guess. Thanks for the input guys..

gangstaMK8 said:
wtf is wrong with 19's as long as it is the right setup??????

Who said anything about 19's :shifty:

Besides you can literally buy four 18 or 20" tires for the price of two 19's in the correct overall dia we need.

poniesviii said:
Who said anything about 19's :shifty:

Besides you can literally buy four 18 or 20" tires for the price of two 19's in the correct overall dia we need.

the 19's are just around the same price as the 18's or 20's if anything the 20's are more depending on the quality of tire you get.

gangstaMK8 said:
the 19's are just around the same price as the 18's or 20's if anything the 20's are more depending on the quality of tire you get.

Ok. I'm blind and it must not make any sense for a manufacturer to charge more for alot less common tire that's barely worth producing/stocking. :rolleyes:

Even numbers are always cheaper, It's just the nature of the consumer in the tire market. "I got 25's yo!" "I got 23's yo!" I got 21's yo!" I got 19's yo!" Yeah.. when someone says 19's the first thing I think is, vette, exotic, or clearance priced.

I probably shouldn't even reply. Oh well.

i think 20s look Fine on the Mark VIIIs. There is one silver one around here in Long Beach on 20s, it makes me want a Mark.

Chris...Did you say 20's???heh

With the goals I THINK you have in mind you might "SHOULD IMO" consider a custom billet. This opens the doors to custom offsets, widths, as well as finish options. Color-forged matching, Polished, Brushed, chrome, etc...

Are they expensive?? All things considered NO, not really. It depends on how you want to look at it. If you want a clean fit as well as a unique look then this is one way to go. Its a custom billet wheel so its obviously going to be more money than the standard cast wheels that all the manufacturers are getting from China.

Color matched "Gold"...
7d4bc77d1569502fb2581f5bc775443e-.jpg

Same wheel...
649d57dbe3c39632a32e1369c91dc44f-.jpg

This is a Brushed finish
d6fc2b89a8dbda507bd15cdc49897a6a-.jpg

Colored and polished...
91ea6449113e7ddd5b1beaf2fa7ca698-.jpg

95020112684c171a62633b46c6df82f1-.jpg

6ad3f127bc47e2d00d0f0bb3e22f8f64-.jpg

c3146a71b9f0084abef19a5713da1075-.jpg

102108001130bde26bf4235188597fb1-.jpg

3ceb58b22bd5fae71f83e3b622eb297b-.jpg

20640e6563a919b99ac3189dd04be786-.jpg

1e1da428799cb5c6348e82cf6cd71f28-.jpg

f6c674bf65061ed13b8caad4448241ba-.jpg

This one has some Subtle Color
9889669ed4020da6fd0f17cd60c2c0c8-.jpg

6e13ca6d5d58ef1b98565dfd80e7c49f-.jpg

Cheers,

Brad

poniesviii said:
Ok. I'm blind and it must not make any sense for a manufacturer to charge more for alot less common tire that's barely worth producing/stocking. :rolleyes:

Even numbers are always cheaper, It's just the nature of the consumer in the tire market. "I got 25's yo!" "I got 23's yo!" I got 21's yo!" I got 19's yo!" Yeah.. when someone says 19's the first thing I think is, vette, exotic, or clearance priced.

I probably shouldn't even reply. Oh well.

nowadays they make any tire size prob a difference of 10 dollars a tire

baggedtaco said:
Chris...Did you say 20's???heh

With the goals I THINK you have in mind you might "SHOULD IMO" consider a custom billet. This opens the doors to custom offsets, widths, as well as finish options. Color-forged matching, Polished, Brushed, chrome, etc...

Are they expensive?? All things considered NO, not really. It depends on how you want to look at it. If you want a clean fit as well as a unique look then this is one way to go. Its a custom billet wheel so its obviously going to be more money than the standard cast wheels that all the manufacturers are getting from China.

Cheers,

Brad

Hey Brad. You say they're custom.. so I'll assume you can get these in whatever bolt pattern? Have a friend looking for something unique on his C6. He's liking some wheels for around 4500/set and would like to spend more than less of half that. Ha. I do like the Saleen replicas I got from you, Is it poss to 'somewhat' replicate a certain wheel? There's one in particular I'm interested in.. Otherwise I'll prob just stick with what I got. Ya got my email if you want to take it private.. I'm curious on price. And if you have more styles to choose from that you might not want to deal with on a regular basis closeER to what I'm looking for. That's awesome you have a 20" selection.. I never knew you offered so many styles til the whole 'wheels' post came up and all the pics got posted.. lol. You're a busy guy.

poniesviii said:
If you're that bored look 'em up, you'll feel educated I bet. ;) Lets drop it eh.. :D

Well i was real bored and considering i have had almost every size tire on my cars in the past up till present i found that 19's are between 10 and 20 dollars more if that. This is the year 2006 where there is every size possible out there and plenty of 19 inch rims for almost every car they make. If you would like take a peek at ebay thay have buy it nows for very reasonable prices for all tires and sizes. It is dropped eh :D

Master Picture 1.jpg

poniesviii said:
Hey Brad. You say they're custom.. so I'll assume you can get these in whatever bolt pattern? Have a friend looking for something unique on his C6. He's liking some wheels for around 4500/set and would like to spend more than less of half that. Ha. I do like the Saleen replicas I got from you, Is it poss to 'somewhat' replicate a certain wheel? There's one in particular I'm interested in.. Otherwise I'll prob just stick with what I got. Ya got my email if you want to take it private.. I'm curious on price. And if you have more styles to choose from that you might not want to deal with on a regular basis closeER to what I'm looking for. That's awesome you have a 20" selection.. I never knew you offered so many styles til the whole 'wheels' post came up and all the pics got posted.. lol. You're a busy guy.

Chris....Hit me up with an email and some pics.

Brad

JC1994 said:
them yellow or gold ones are FUGLY!! :yuck: :yuck:

Its just a color match...These wheels are a total custom. You give me a sample of the color you want to match and they color-forge it to the wheel.

Brad

Members online

No members online now.
Back