This could be it guys (and girls)!!!

stateproperty3423

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
As you may know im one of the members of this forum who doesnt actually own a ls yet but is vey much in love with the car. Well I just sold my old car (99 galant) today and now the search is on for my LS!!! (i want a 03 or up model) Well my first day looking i may have already found it

I havent seen it in person yet only online but it is a 03 ls v6 (kinda wanted the v8 but i dont care that much i dont plan to race or anything and atleast it will be a little easier on gas) its silver on black and has only 16k miles heres a pic (sorry its so big)
1LNHM86S73Y679345_10_N.JPG

i talked to the sales rep on the phone today the asking price is $18,999 (Suspiciously cheap imho) and i scheduled to go up-state and look at it this friday if it looks flawless inside and out and drives like the new one i test drove i plan to tell the guy "install a moonroof and ill give you 19k cash RIGHT NOW!!".....what do you guys think? :woowoo2:

What year is it again? For that kind of mileage and V-6, I think you cna ask them to lower it. There are similar cars like that on eBay going for cheaper.

03....what do you mean "that kind of mileage" its 16,000....all the other comparable ls's out here go for 22k+

stateproperty3423 said:
03....what do you mean "that kind of mileage" its 16,000....all the other comparable ls's out here go for 22k+

Uh just kidding, that's a good deal. I thought I saw a better deal elsewhere, but now I can't find it.

man, in los angeles, california, the 00-02 LS's still run up in the 20's, everydealer I went they wanted atleast 22,000 for an 02, I thought I got my 02 v-6 for a steal, $15k, BTW if you plan on getting an LS get an 02 or an 04 since those hardly have anyproblems.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
man, in los angeles, california, the 00-02 LS's still run up in the 20's, everydealer I went they wanted atleast 22,000 for an 02, I thought I got my 02 v-6 for a steal, $15k, BTW if you plan on getting an LS get an 02 or an 04 since those hardly have anyproblems.

04 even better than 05?

But 04 has a slightly softer ride than 02?

thats too much money, that is a base V6, the V-6's have awful resale value, you would be much better buying a v8. you should be able to get them down around 16500-17000.

the market is pretty hot for the v-8's but nobody wants the v-6's.

stateproperty3423 said:
As you may know im one of the members of this forum who doesnt actually own a ls yet but is vey much in love with the car. Well I just sold my old car (99 galant) today and now the search is on for my LS!!! (i want a 03 or up model) Well my first day looking i may have already found it

I havent seen it in person yet only online but it is a 03 ls v6 (kinda wanted the v8 but i dont care that much i dont plan to race or anything and atleast it will be a little easier on gas) its silver on black and has only 16k miles heres a pic (sorry its so big)
1LNHM86S73Y679345_10_N.JPG

i talked to the sales rep on the phone today the asking price is $18,999 (Suspiciously cheap imho) and i scheduled to go up-state and look at it this friday if it looks flawless inside and out and drives like the new one i test drove i plan to tell the guy "install a moonroof and ill give you 19k cash RIGHT NOW!!".....what do you guys think? :woowoo2:

I paid $27k for a 2004 LS V8 Ultimate and I bought it in one of the most expensive places, Silicon Valley. I few blocks from Stanford University. Fully loaded minus HID and Nav.

zubrus1 said:
thats too much money, that is a base V6, the V-6's have awful resale value, you would be much better buying a v8. you should be able to get them down around 16500-17000.

the market is pretty hot for the v-8's but nobody wants the v-6's.
no way in hell ill find a 03+ v6 with that kind of miles for 17k i mean ill try but i doubt it.... maybe you have a point there is a pretty good resale margin between the the v6 and v8 but i wouldnt call the v6s resale "poor" on top of all that i only have around 20k to work with being to picky and only going for a v8 wont work

lexdiamondz10304 said:
speaking of the pic, man you guys have snow, that sucks. I like the warm breezy weather here in cali..
that picture must be pretty old we havent had snow in months i think thats why there calling the 19,000 price tag a "special" it used to be 20,495 man i hope there will to negotiate...if not i am NOT afraid to walk

stateproperty3423 said:
that picture must be pretty old we havent had snow in months i think thats why there calling the 19,000 price tag a "special" it used to be 20,495 man i hope there will to negotiate...if not i am NOT afraid to walk

Well, it won't hurt you to ask them to lower the price. :)

Yea, just act like your not too interested, or else they will eat you alive... I see alot of people get all excited looking at cars with huge smiles in their faces and get seriously ripped of, I just walked into the dealer nice and calm, then got close to the ls and asked how much, then he told me the price made a face, and knocked off 1000 off the price and later he got the bank to drop my apr rates from 7 to 4%

lexdiamondz10304 said:
Yea, just act like your not too interested, or else they will eat you alive... I see alot of people get all excited looking at cars with huge smiles in their faces and get seriously ripped of, I just walked into the dealer nice and calm, then got close to the ls and asked how much, then we told me the price made a face, and knocked off 1000 off the price and later he got the bank to drop my apr rates from 7 to 4%
hey thanks for the tips lex if you didnt tell me that i probably would have walked into the dealer like this :dancefool im planning it out now im gonna walk into the dealership ask for the price once they tell me ill say ehhhh then take a test drive (with a straight face) then when im done ask for a better price then say about the roof i can see it now.... argue2

Thought you guys might want to take a look at this ad... It still a V6 but seems a very good price for a 2005 at least to my opinion...

lincolnls2005.jpg

holy crap?! Where the heck is that?! Although I just realized it might be better to have an '04 b/c then you get 3 years of complimentary maintenance.

looks like an intentional misprint to me all lot of dealers do that to get you to go down there then they offer you another one...pisses me off...y do u think they didnt post the miles on it

Yeah its an incredible price to believe its an issue that came out in April 28, 2005 here in deep South tx its at Van Burkleo McAllen, 40 minutes away from here, anyways here is the number if you guys want to call 1888-458-5593 (Issue#16 Rio Grande Valley Auto Mart Guide page 20) I think this magazine comes out every month or so.

stateproperty3423 said:
looks like an intentional misprint to me all lot of dealers do that to get you to go down there then they offer you another one...pisses me off...y do u think they didnt post the miles on it

oh, you mean like a bait and switch?

Members online

Back