This is what a $1600 hood from Ford looks like

Just about everything on an LS is insanely expensive. The dash pad (not including the frame behind it) was....

wait for it.....

$4300!!

Just for a stinking dash pad - no frame, no controls, no radio, cluster, anything else.

I would have thought that it came with the passenger airbag.

we get brand new parts damaged on a daily basis. no biggy, unless you dont check them before you paint them lol.

maybe the hood is fine and the frame isnt as straight as they thought at first:D i mean there has to be a reason the front end is getting worked on right? lol

A single HID headlight costs $1800.

So yeah it can cost that much.

Remember these were originally $40K and up vehicles.

Yes thw hood is 1600.

I think on the estimates it was in the 1550 range. But once up there what is another fifty?

So if you do the math, i paid 250 for my hood that insurance gave me 1550 for. Anyone remember what my wheels look like? :]

Damn dude.....it didnt even look like yours had that much damage.

Gotta love the LS...it has its pros and cons.

1600 is reasonable. They gave you The Rock's special edition hood.

And the saga continues...

Hood #2 was also twisted. Not as bad as the first one. At least they realized it before painting. Waiting for hood #3...

I want my LS back!!

picture 003.jpg

wow..ford is dropping the ball with quality control.

or maybe its the shipping company??

Maybe your hinge on that side is jacked.

That looks pretty minimal. I spent hours getting mine to line up just right. Yet mine was in an accident. Not sure why yours is being replaced.

Maybe your hinge on that side is jacked.

That looks pretty minimal. I spent hours getting mine to line up just right. Yet mine was in an accident. Not sure why yours is being replaced.

I thought that too but the shop says it's definitely the hood. They can place it on a flat surface and see that it is tweaked.

It's being replaced because I rear-ended a flat bed on a snowy day earlier this month. His tube-steel bumper hit mostly my grill which buckled the hood.

yeah but for $1600 i would want something pretty darn good from the factory..

Agreed!

Third time is a charm! Just got the car back last night. It looks great! Of course it snowed today so now it's all dirty again...

Members online

No members online now.
Back