Tied a 97-04 Corvette C5

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well Let me say that it was not my slow 97 but my 93 Mark VIII.

It was from 45 mph - 130 mph. I was right behind him to merge on to the highway. I floored the car from 45 MPH (Bad shift point) and so did he and he had a one car lenght on me. I started to gain on him and we were tied till 80 MPH till he gained a 1/3 of car lenght by 110 MPH. So between 110 mph to 130 mph I caught up to his front bumper. So I lost only by a bumper. pretty good considering how fast they are, maybe he wasn't a good driver.

Thats sick.

Really sick.

I beat a 5.0 Mustang once, because I knew the kid, hate him, and knew he couldn't drive stick for :q:q:q:q. He sucks at driving, I get the bragging rights.

One more time, thats sick.

Yea It is hard to believe. I looked at the times 13.6 @ 105 mph. It should have killed my car but it didn't. Remember maybe his car wasn't up to tune or he couldn't shift right, I don't know but it sure made me have a big smile on my face.

I played leap frog with a Corvette once. Not sure what it was and we never exceeded 110 mph on the express way. But it was fun to stretch the legs a bit and get the adrenaline going!

Just saying the c4 is a 260hp and that sounds more right

I think he is correct with it being a c5 cause I beat a c4 50-125mph in a o so slow gen 2 I was just playing with him after the first few runs I was just faster
and you all say that the gen 1 is so much faster so he should be close to a c5

i dont know which model vette (c or z or whatever) i just saw on the highway the other day but it was a BRAND NEW vette.. temp tag in the rear window.. dealership tag where the plate will go...etc... BRAND NEW.. he probably just got it..

anyway...we were merging from 2 different highways into the same lane.. i punchd it a little to get ahead and merge..

apparently he didnt agree... so he ball$ to the wall punched it !!

LLAAAATTTTEEEEERRRRR !!!..

i didnt even attempt to keep up.. i just laughed and said " holy sh!t "

and in a few short seconds.. the taillights disappeared into the horizon..

now ive seen fast cars on the highway.. that one was FREAKIN FAST !!!

i dont know which model vette (c or z or whatever) i just saw on the highway the other day but it was a BRAND NEW vette.. temp tag in the rear window.. dealership tag where the plate will go...etc... BRAND NEW.. he probably just got it..

anyway...we were merging from 2 different highways into the same lane.. i punchd it a little to get ahead and merge..

apparently he didnt agree... so he ball$ to the wall punched it !!

LLAAAATTTTEEEEERRRRR !!!..

i didnt even attempt to keep up.. i just laughed and said " holy sh!t "

and in a few short seconds.. the taillights disappeared into the horizon..

now ive seen fast cars on the highway.. that one was FREAKIN FAST !!!

C4s can be anywhere from a high 15 second to a mid 12 second car stock.
C5s are 12.5-13.5@106-116 on average depening on trim
C6s are mid 12s@115ish for a non zo6 well driven

Theirs a guy by us that has a new Z06 with NOS and exhaust on it. I was following him home after cruise night and he was messing around with another vette in front of him. I've never seen a car pull like that before. I could here his exhaust in my car with windows up at WOT from a couple hundred yards back. I looked behind me when he got on it because I thought I was getting passed.

Well Let me say that it was not my slow 97 but my 93 Mark VIII.

It was from 45 mph - 130 mph. I was right behind him to merge on to the highway. I floored the car from 45 MPH (Bad shift point) and so did he and he had a one car lenght on me. I started to gain on him and we were tied till 80 MPH till he gained a 1/3 of car lenght by 110 MPH. So between 110 mph to 130 mph I caught up to his front bumper. So I lost only by a bumper. pretty good considering how fast they are, maybe he wasn't a good driver.

DREAM ON

I was going down the freeway in my honda going about 110-115 mph and had a vette pass me like I was standing still.

Well how is does the low end compare to the high end power in the c5 vettes?
From a dig the vette would definatly smoke most lightly modded marks. But what about from a roll, where the 4v is in its element?

Well how is does the low end compare to the high end power in the c5 vettes?
From a dig the vette would definatly smoke most lightly modded marks. But what about from a roll, where the 4v is in its element?

the LSx series of engines are more of a high end motor.

the mark is quick...for what it is. it wont hold a candle vs any LSX powered vette unless its heavily modded.

The Vette was missing a couple COP's or the guy driving it was a candy ass. My brother has an 03 and my 94 Gen I ain't even in the same ballgame. 100 MPH in 3rd gear and its got 3 more.

Many years ago, must have been around 94 or 95 I had my wife's leased 94 Mark VIII and was late to pick her up. Was doing about 80 and had a Porsche blow past at over 100. Traffic was moderate, so I hung in behind him running between 120-130. Couple of times hit the "stops" at 136. I just wanted to stay close enough behind him so that he would trip the police radar early enough for my detector to warn me to slow down. The Mark can stay with the faster cars, but only if the other driver lets you do so.

Best regards,
Frank C.

Members online

No members online now.
Back