tilt switch

dpoll995

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
my tilt steering stopped working tonight. im hoping its just a loose wire or something easy. i was at a light and for some crazy reason i tilted the wheel up and then tried to tilt is back down but it stayed up. was a PITA to drive home like that lol. the telescoping still works. anyone go any ideas what i should look for? i just hoping its not a bad motor or something like that.

Mine did the exact same thing, what I did was pushed the switch down and LIGHTLY bumped the bottom of the wheel with my hand, walla everything started working again...

I'm happy to have a second working column on the shelf...

give the steering wheel a couple taps with your hand at the same time pushing the switch, usually dust is the reason for the switch to act up, its a potentiometer, just like in an old radio sometimes you turn the volume up and down and get static thru the speakers, its from dust on the switch, if it doesnt start working again after hitting the wheel a few times, good luck, the switch has been obsolete for a few years now. start your search for one!!

thanks! i gave it a few taps on the wheel and its working now. i wonder if i can take the switch out and clean it, if that would fix it with out taping on the wheel?

i would just turn it off, thats why i did with mine, just set it and forget it!!! :D lol

mine went dead and wont go up or down at all, its set for me so i dont care if it works.

Members online

No members online now.
Back