Tinted license plate surround

blackls

LVC Member
Reaction score
I thought it would look cool. So far I dont anyone has done it. I was thinking of spraying some nightshades on the chrome of the license plate surround. I did photoshop, and think it looks pretty good. My car is black just like the photo. What do you all think?

I tihnk it would only look good if u had gunmetal rims and the rest of the chrome was done like that too. If u only did the license plate surround it would look nasty.

yeah it would give it a nice look man, hard to undo if ur not 100% sure about it.

i was just tryin to do something different, the look wouldnt be quite right though

I would say go ahead and do it and if you dont like the look go all the way black. If you want pics check my garage

I agree with itsnotmydaddys

I ended up just painting mine black (only chrome on my car is the wheels and badging on the back).

I totally see where you're going with this; the idea is to make it look like that black chrome right? (which, I absolutely love that color!)

Only problem I can think of is the Night Shades not sticking to the chrome plating. I know it's a bitch to get paint to stick to it, so it might not work without some sort of primer which would defeat the whole purpose of what you're trying to do.

I think its a good idea, just sand the existing chrome to rough it up to make the nightshades stick to it. BlackLS your car looks great!!

wow, that looks amazing painted all black. id do that like itsnotmydaddy. i was always wondering how that would look painted to match the car. never found any pictures of it though.

that's not actually my car. mines similar. it has 17" chromes and a spoiler. and its an 03+

Go to Wal-Mart and get some Bulldog. Its a primer in the car section. If you can't find it at Wally World you can get it at a auto paint store.

Members online

No members online now.
Back