Tires for Paully

XtcmeLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Am in the market for new tires... stock is 235/50/17r

will 235/45/r17 change the ride a lot?

Also any good suggestions?

i just got a set of goodyear F1 all seasons, real good wet traction, havent been able to get on it hard and really try them out on dry groung yet (michigan and its snow and rain)

I still like my goodyear all-seasons. I've been told I'm an idiot for liking them though. Luckily I have a very thick skin. Some road noise, but they grip well in all conditions. I didn't see where your location is. I'm in northern Indiana where we get a ton of lake effect snow. Just got a few inches last night in fact.

I checked now, MN. Yeah, either all seasons, or get a dedicated set of snow tires.

anybody runnin 255/40/17? found a good deal on some but dont know how they would be...

245/45/17 is a good replacement size. Even lincoln-approved I believe. cheaper sized tire than the 235/50 that's for sure. Little shorter sidewall, but you shouldn't notice a difference.

Or, do like I did. Get some aftermarket wheels for summer, and put Winterforce tires on the stockers for winter :D

Or, do like I did. Get some aftermarket wheels for summer, and put Winterforce tires on the stockers for winter :D

Only drive this car in summer :)

Oh and I am getting 4 of these....Kumho Ecsta ASX (235/50R-17 96W BW) Seem good, seem inexpensive. Thoughts? Or Cooper CS4?

I believe that's what I'm running on my car now but will have to double check when I get off work in about 20 min

We sell a lot of the CS4's at fleet farm, call them up and get a price quote, we got em pretty cheap

well went with Goodyear Eagle Response Edge 2 now on back and 2 later (june) and they are putting on Brake pads too. Too much money but I hear they are the best tire for that car. Thoughts?

well went with Goodyear Eagle Response Edge 2 now on back and 2 later (june) and they are putting on Brake pads too. Too much money but I hear they are the best tire for that car. Thoughts?

the responce edge is what i had before, i liked them very firm confident feel, only went with the F1's because a friend of mine works at discount tire and said there just about the same except the RE's where a little quieter and the F1's had a tiny bit more grip and would move more water (it does rain alot in michigan) because of the carbon fiber sidewalls, its hard to tell when you get a flat.

Hey gusy, would any body be interested in 235 50 17 I belive cooper tires. They came with the car last year but i put winter tirers right away on the original rims. They like brand new dealership installed them when the guy traded the car in. here is the only picture I have, if any one is interested I'll get some more this weekend. Can deliver NH,Ma,CT, lower up state, NJ on Sunday (comming back home from my parents house where the tires are located).

untitled.jpg

that is a great looking car... Too bad I just bought tires...Oh and Update.. I put Dunlop Sort Signatures all the way around my lil girl. Lil less then the Good years but great tread warranty. 4 tires all the way around, new front rotors and new ceramic pads in front..My Goodness, she drives like a new car!!

Also I aksed the guy who put on the tires what my car looked like fromt he down up. He said car looked like it was brand new, great springs , shocks, no oil leaks, no rust, clean as hell underneath.

So I guess that is a good thing...But with tires , rotors, pads, alignment, my car now cost me 13,000. Still a good deal tho in my opinion, with 47 on the clock! (3k left on warranty)

that is a great looking car... Too bad I just bought tires...Oh and Update.. I put Dunlop Sort Signatures all the way around my lil girl. Lil less then the Good years but great tread warranty. 4 tires all the way around, new front rotors and new ceramic pads in front..My Goodness, she drives like a new car!!

Also I aksed the guy who put on the tires what my car looked like fromt he down up. He said car looked like it was brand new, great springs , shocks, no oil leaks, no rust, clean as hell underneath.

So I guess that is a good thing...But with tires , rotors, pads, alignment, my car now cost me 13,000. Still a good deal tho in my opinion, with 47 on the clock! (3k left on warranty)

what about that funny noise it was making, ha jk, it's a great car. hope you have lots of luck with it.

what about that funny noise it was making, ha jk, it's a great car. hope you have lots of luck with it.

That wanst my car, that was the CIA in the bushes watching your Red LS driving A$$..............:D

Or the girls laughing at your Dogs Sweater........ ROFL

Members online

No members online now.
Back