To find a actuator for the blend door

Omegaman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Looked for hours online to no avail. seems to be a dealer item at about $75. if you do order one online make sure you have the right one ....I called a company about one and they said sure but I punched in their numbers and found it to be a manual and not a ATC.

If it's broken teeth on the gear (I believe this is the most common failure) you can repair your current one easily. The gears are the same between the Taurus, Sable and Continental. Probably many others as well but I'm not 100% sure.

Pop apart a manual actuator and pull the 2 gears. They're the same ATC or manual. Replace them on your ATC unit. Junkyard charged me $5 for a Taurus actuator and the gears did the trick.

If it's broken teeth on the gear (I believe this is the most common failure) you can repair your current one easily. The gears are the same between the Taurus, Sable and Continental. Probably many others as well but I'm not 100% sure.

Pop apart a manual actuator and pull the 2 gears. They're the same ATC or manual. Replace them on your ATC unit. Junkyard charged me $5 for a Taurus actuator and the gears did the trick.

Yep you got that right! Can do that all day for the $10 I paid for a used actuator and it was the teeth that mesh to the worm gear. It was off mountaineer I think but is working great.and took no time to put in and replace into car!

Members online

No members online now.
Back