Top Speed?

00NORCAL V8 said:
Why would you want to go faster than 133 mph anyway? Maybe I'm just getting old or it could be my 2 kids. Oh well!

Im 6 years older than you (happy bday BTW), have 5 kids and still feel the need for the speed every now and then. Im in the SF Bay Area and leave for work at about 6am. Its being on an empty freeway and hitting 130 for a few seconds. :wrench

I have a 01 LS V6 automatic. Went up to 135mph going to Vegas and hit the limiter with 255/45/17 tires, with 4 people inside and some laguage in the trunk. Handled kind of scary after 130 but it was windy. Next time on the way to Las Vegas with 3 people now with 20 inch rims and 245/35/20 tires went 135 felt better, up to 125-130 very solid even on some light turnes and bumps.

HyeLifeLS said:
I have a 01 LS V6 automatic. Went up to 135mph going to Vegas and hit the limiter with 255/45/17 tires, with 4 people inside and some laguage in the trunk. Handled kind of scary after 130 but it was windy. Next time on the way to Las Vegas with 3 people now with 20 inch rims and 245/35/20 tires went 135 felt better, up to 125-130 very solid even on some light turnes and bumps.

Crazy! I've had my 6banger LS up to 120 with no probs then had to slow it down due to traffic!!!!... on the 2 glendale fwy.

well when i first got the continetal befor i had the trany rebuild last year i had it at 115
but then the tranny when out
im not gona push it untill i get the tunup next month or in Nov then hoping to push up tords 130`

142 with two of my friends in the car, wasn't that a fun time. One of them actually took their seatbelt off, leaned over my shoulder, and snapped a picture with his camera phone. The car handles amazing at high speeds.

im suprised more people arent hauling as$...ive topped the LS out plenty of times, most recently racing a new z car to 145

My '03 pushed it up to 240! Kilometers/hour, that's 149mph. I was going against a Lexus IS300, it was close until nearing that speed, when some sort of governer on my LS kicked in and dropped the rpms. It was weird how it governed, unlike any other car i've ever driven at that speed. Needless to say, the IS300 left me. I should have smoked him, I think, even in my stock LS6.

Josuave said:
My '03 pushed it up to 240! Kilometers/hour, that's 149mph. I was going against a Lexus IS300, it was close until nearing that speed, when some sort of governer on my LS kicked in and dropped the rpms. It was weird how it governed, unlike any other car i've ever driven at that speed. Needless to say, the IS300 left me. I should have smoked him, I think, even in my stock LS6.

If you lost to an IS300 thats kind strange, my 2000 v8 kicked the :q out of one from a 50mph roll all the way past 100.

So has any 03+ removed the 134mph gov.? I know they set it at 134 because of the tires but with the proper rubber on I wonder how far you could wrap it around. I bet you could get pretty darn close to if not hit 150mph which is a respectable pace.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
Crazy! I've had my 6banger LS up to 120 with no probs then had to slow it down due to traffic!!!!... on the 2 glendale fwy.

Up or down the hill? (I live at the end of the 2)

I had mine to 125 on the I15 for a brief second... I forgot how sh!tty some parts of that road are and just about bottomed out on one of the bridge bumps.

slagburn said:
Up or down the hill? (I live at the end of the 2)

I had mine to 125 on the I15 for a brief second... I forgot how sh!tty some parts of that road are and just about bottomed out on one of the bridge bumps.

uphill by myself, tried it with 4 friends and it would climb but very very slowly.

my 02 lsv8 falls asleep at 120. can i get that changed witout buying a 400$ programmer? it sounds like everyone can blow me away with stock programming.

I hit 142mph on a local highway on my 02 V8 LSE
the car kept going towards the 160 but i had to end it there
didn't feel like dealing with cops :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back