Top Speed?

I think factory it is 133mph on a V8 Sport. I have read reports of an '03 with a tune doing 154mph on a top speed course. If my memory serves me correctly.

2000-2002 V8's top is ~145. 2003+ is 133 due to the stock tire rating. It will do ~150.

I have a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 nonsport and it doesnt go faster than 120....is there a way i can change that without buyin a XCal or is somethin wrong with my car

The 2003 LS V8 is limited to 130mph by the PCM. It can only be changed / removed using a XCalibrator 2 or similar device.

Ive gotten a 00 sport and it went just above 150mph, but from 140 on it was down hill.

I have a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 nonsport and it doesnt go faster than 120....is there a way i can change that without buyin a XCal or is somethin wrong with my car

Nope. The non-sports were/are limited to 123 due to the "H" tire rating.

There is a variation in the top speed of the sport '00-'02 as there is no limiter. Top speed is reached in 4th gear and pretty much drag limited. More power via the Xcalibrator or other mods will most likely yield a higher speed.

I have a 01 V6 sport auto and I went to 135mph by the speedo number of times. With stock 17s pretty easy, with 20" wheels kind of hard.

The LS6...My Landspeed record at Maxton's Mile at East Coast Timing Association's Oct 05 meet. It's a 2000 LS with 3.0L & MTX in 4th gear @6200 rpm thru the traps (note 5th is 1:1).

F/GSS 126.651 mph http://www.ecta-lsr.com/events/2005/records1005.htm

It's lowered, blocked out grill, Torrie chip, and exhaust work, intake work - 2nd engine and 2nd clutch...both original engine & clutch are racing casualties.

I have since changed the rearend from 3.07 to 3.58 to try and get into 5th gear and hopefully get into 130+ mph...hope to make it back to the track this year and try.

I guess there's no replacement for cubic inches...those extra 2 cylinders would help!

My '05 V8 hits indicated 134 (so did the rental V8 LS) when the limiter says no more. Pretty sure it would pull 150 without it.

CJ, which tune on the sct were you using? I've gotten to 142 and still climbing when I backed off in 5th. Used Torrie's agressive tune ( the "wild" tune causes knocking/detonation unless the octane is higher than 93)/with magnaflow, intake tube, velocity stack and green cone filter, not lowered at the time,it is now. At 142 the front end started to float so I backed off. It was in the 30's that day, and had less than a quarter tank, that also probably had something to do with it. I'm also running on lightweight ASA 18's with a slightly larger diameter tire than the stock 17's.

CJ, which tune on the sct were you using? I've gotten to 142 and still climbing when I backed off in 5th. Used Torrie's agressive tune ( the "wild" tune causes knocking/detonation unless the octane is higher than 93)/with magnaflow, intake tube, velocity stack and green cone filter, not lowered at the time,it is now. At 142 the front end started to float so I backed off. It was in the 30's that day, and had less than a quarter tank, that also probably had something to do with it. I'm also running on lightweight ASA 18's with a slightly larger diameter tire than the stock 17's.

I used Torrie's 6% advance but the rules allow 105 Octane - ran smooth thru the entire power band 4000-6500. My tires were 25.9 inches. I want to see what the rear gear change will do...extra shift and pushing the mass above 125??? all in a one mile time. Lowering helps as it reduces the volume of air travelling under the vehicle...front air dam would help but not allowed in street class.

i just bought my 00 LS and i took it out on the interstate i got it up to 159 and i ran out of open road all i done 2 it is an in take comp cams and straight piped it headders back with hollowed out cats

[/QUOTE]Lowering helps as it reduces the volume of air travelling under the vehicle...front air dam would help but not allowed in street class.[/QUOTE]

The LSE front bumper cover might help, It's OEM but lower, smoother and more aerodynamic than the sport bumper cover.

I'm running with 255/45-18's diameter is 27"

Members online

No members online now.
Back