Town Car keypad triggers interior lights and headlights!

jyc29

New LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused:

hello people of LVC,

i have a problem! Hope yall can help :D...

Well ok i have a lincoln Town Car 2000,i was washing my car last week,about an hour later i tried my keypad entry an it didnt work, i tried an tried to put in the code an nuthing,so I waited till nite an tried it again,(usually the light glows on the keypad) it worked to lock it but after dat it didnt work at all!...So its working again but only to lock the doors but not to unlock it! wen i push 0-9 it locks but wen i go to push the other keys nothing happens!,

So now it triggers off my interior lights an my head lights like when i try to unlock it! but im not doing anything to it!an it killed my battery! at first the lights turned on but turned off for about atleast an hour! now it just makes a flicking sound an stays on!

Im guessing its the keypad thats not working right! i took it to ford an its 90 dollars for a check up but they didnt want to tell me what it can be because they said they have to make sure its actually that!

But he did tell me that if its the keypad it costs about 119 dollars! :(

What do you guys think it can be!???????

Thanks in advance!!!

Note:I took it to Ford when i notice the keypad didnt work,The Lighting problem was after i took it to Ford To question them!

I had the same problem.

It's the keypad for sure.

You don't have to go to the dealer. Take the car to a good electrical shop...like a shop that rebuilds alternators/starters/AC Service...etc.

If you are in the NYC are I can recommend a spot.

Anyway...the whole module needs to be replaced via removing the door panel. I would not recommend picking up a used one.

Sometimes they got them new on ebay, Baker Auto and/or another year keypad may fit your car. I am not sure but perhaps a later model Town Car keypad can be "modified" to fit your 2000. The electric guy will be able to tell you what's the deal.

Thanks for responding quick!!

Ok thanks!!! I will take it to a electrical shop for cars!!! I will look for the keypad..

Will update on dis an see how it turns out! School starting in 2 days so my money went to skool books an supplies ima have to wait to get it fixed!:(

Thanks though ;)

Edit: Live in West Palm,FLA :D

Last edited:

Members online

Back