tranny fluid...

Ahhh...gotcha. Just after I bought this car, the valve body went on the tranny. The guy who sold it to me (a friend of mine, owns his own shop) changed the valve body for me for free since it failed basically the day I got it. It shifts fine now, but I doubt that he knows the proper filling proceedure for this tranny. Methinks I had better get it over to the Ford dealer to have them do a proper flush and fill before I head out on vacation.

even goodyear dealers/gemini dealers cannot service the tranny. after my fiasco in detroit, i was told by the lincoln dealer that it is a lifetime tranny fluid after he made fun of me by going to a gemini dealer in the first place. after 5 quarts were drained from the tranny by the dealership, the tranny shifts just fine now

Did anyone else notice the drain and refill procedure outlined on the bottom of the pan? I found that the last time I was under the car just a few weeks ago. Its kind of etched into it. I don't remember what it says, but I do remember it mentioning several fill/check plugs, which I couldn't locate. Ill have to put it on a lift a work again and get a better look.

I don't remember what it says, but I do remember it mentioning several fill/check plugs, which I couldn't locate. Ill have to put it on a lift a work again and get a better look.
The fill/check plug is the plug in the pan; you fill it until fluid comes back out the hole.

Somewhere around here (I think), there's a cross-sectional diagram that illustrates the dual nature of the plug...

OK, this question moves us backwards, but why can't the average backyard mechanic change the tranny fluid in this car?

I don't know I just pulled the drain plug. Once empty I filled until it ran out the fill plug. But then again I have a manual transmission, which Ford recommends fluid changes every 60,000 miles.

Members online

No members online now.
Back