Tranny Flush

Lincoln Pimpin'

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 TC with 133k miles on it and my oil place has told me multiple times that it's a bad idea to flush the tranny as it would possibly cause new leaks or something.

I think it has an ever so slight tranny leak, but I have never had to pour any fluid in and I have owned the car for a year and a half and drive it daily.

Maybe that is an oil leak tho because once I hit 4k between changes (first time ever doing that) I ran it down about 2 quarts, the oil light came on and I had to add some, changed the oil a couple days later and added some leak stuff they recommended, can't remember what it was, was like that Lucas stuff only a different brand.

I am prolly gonna go ask the dealer today too what they recommend but just looking for a few different views of feedback.

The tranny fluid is red and bubbly.

IMO if the fluid smells and looks nice and new then you should change it
if it smells bad and looks bad then you are risking the tranny by doing a change
IMO

Talked to the dealer they said if it's never been done I shouldn't touch it.

I do not know the history before 121k so I will just leave it.

check if it is still red or not.

your dealer is an idiot. changing or flushing fluid will not hurt a trans. its just that most people dont do it until they notice a problem. by then its too little too late. change your fluid every 25k at least.I know some people will disagree but they are idiots too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back