trans finally dropped lol

1sik32v

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know I know I was asking for it give me a break live and learn right so quick question??? I got a 3k stall I want to put in since I'm rebuilding it... but wont be able to afford the tune right afterwards wut am problems will I be looking at if I do it...

If you run a higher stall converter without a tune for it, you won't necessarily run into issues. About the only thing will be if it's a stronger lockup clutch it will kick pretty hard when it locks at low load and low rpm, and you'll wish you had a lockup schedule designed for it.. Don't forget a good trans cooler.

I know I know I was asking for it give me a break live and learn right so quick question??? I got a 3k stall I want to put in since I'm rebuilding it... but wont be able to afford the tune right afterwards wut am problems will I be looking at if I do it...

I'm not the type to tell you "I told you so" :p

As for stalls, I couldn't mention a word about them.

Ok well its not a problem for the hard clank eventually I will get a tune but not at the moment. And well I deserve it

Got my car back from the trans shop and with the stall it has great driveablity like stock does not have lockup issues, stays locked up, no shuddering, no clunking, and wen u stab the throttle already at 3k... I haven't floored it to redline yet though don't want to get it hot the first day lol.....so $1300 with 1 yr 12k mile warranty....the thing is my buddy I got the TC off of said it was a 01- mustang gt TC that was reman and messed with to get the higher stall outta it if that makes sence to you guys.?.?.?.?.?

ill be doing this soon. just waiting... lol

I'm not the type to tell you "I told you so" :p

As for stalls, I couldn't mention a word about them.
I am.

OP is still a dumb ass.

Myco, dont start trying to kill yours like he did by doing neutral drops.

Dumb ass.

I am.

OP is still a dumb ass.

Dumb ass.

Ohh hell no. The pump is leaking and it's either pay 500 for a seal replacement on the pump or get a rebuild for twice the cost. That's what it looks like for me. My pump leaks out I'd say a quart in a day up to a point and then It stops. That makes me wonder but my mechanic said it's the pump, two mechanics actually but I would think if the pump leaks then it would leak until all the fluid is gone or there's not enough to use.

Don't know enough about transmissions otherwise.

I am.

OP is still a dumb ass.

Dumb ass.

Hey hey hey I wasn't neutral dropping just doing stuff that I know now I thought knew about but I guess I don't lol....u got the dumbass part right just not the neutral dropping....

Trans

Your not the only one I dropped my trans last week and I am waiting for my mech to order the parts to do the trans. I suppose that's what you get when you double the horse power on an 80,000 mile trans.

Your not the only one I dropped my trans last week and I am waiting for my mech to order the parts to do the trans. I suppose that's what you get when you double the horse power on an 80,000 mile trans.

Mileage isn't the issue I am sure. Maintainence history before you had it, maybe, but 80k isn't alot IMHO.

Hey hey hey I wasn't neutral dropping just doing stuff that I know now I thought knew about but I guess I don't lol....u got the dumbass part right just not the neutral dropping....
My bad, im sorry. I thought you were the dude that was trying to make the trans break by doing constant neutral drops.

My bad, im sorry. I thought you were the dude that was trying to make the trans break by doing constant neutral drops.

Yeah I'm the dumbass that tried jmodding it and it went wrong.....and I kept asking dumb questions.... and so yeah Its rebuilt and has a nice stall in it and it drives fantastic feels like it got a gear swap.... so much better off the line and it shifts great light throttle shifts at 1500-1800 and moderate throttle it'll go to 3k then shift...oh to let u guys know I do have an auxillary cooler not top of the line but I'm sure it'll be fine until summer so I can afford a heavy duty one....

Any trans cooler is better than none... Not like they are required... 172k in and my transmission is working fine. I can't confirm it's never been taken out, but from what I've heard it hasn't.

Ugh, what a douche nozzel.
Yeah I'm the dumbass that tried jmodding it and it went wrong.....and I kept asking dumb questions.... and so yeah Its rebuilt and has a nice stall in it and it drives fantastic feels like it got a gear swap.... so much better off the line and it shifts great light throttle shifts at 1500-1800 and moderate throttle it'll go to 3k then shift...oh to let u guys know I do have an auxillary cooler not top of the line but I'm sure it'll be fine until summer so I can afford a heavy duty one....

Hey mang, you learned very expensive lesson and seemed to have paid attention now. I have a problem with n00bs that are stupid. You were just a newb that was ignorant.

As for the trans cooler, I just have a tiny one in my car. It fits perfectly laying down behind the opening in my air dam (the horizontal opening, not the vertical one) and covers half the opening width. So its fairly small. With the blower I have put enough stress on the trans to heat it up but it never skips a beat, foams or has heat soak.

Ugh, what a douche nozzel.

Hey mang, you learned very expensive lesson and seemed to have paid attention now. I have a problem with n00bs that are stupid. You were just a newb that was ignorant.

As for the trans cooler, I just have a tiny one in my car. It fits perfectly laying down behind the opening in my air dam (the horizontal opening, not the vertical one) and covers half the opening width. So its fairly small. With the blower I have put enough stress on the trans to heat it up but it never skips a beat, foams or has heat soak.

Yeah I understand... but gotta start somewhere.....and I learned the hard way....and my cooler is a small tube and fin cooler...runs through the radiator then out through the cooler....

Members online

Back