Trunk problem

Jayhawks13

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys. I have an 01 ls and when i go to pop the trunk, it doesnt exactly "pop." i hear it, but when i go to lift, its like its still caught. so i have to press the button 3-4 times before i can finally lift it or i have to be pulling up as i press the button. is this a common problem or is there an easy fix from someone who may have had the same problem. thanks.

i have the same problem.. i just pull up while pressing the button

^^^^^^ yup

Same year same problem.

How doesnt this car have 10-15 recalls?

Dude, your car is 6 years old. And you bought it used from a private party without a warranty. You don't seriously think you're not going to have problems, do you? If the car is too much for you to handle, get rid of it and get a Camry.

Sounds like the latch is hanging, try to put some lube on it. My rear pass. door didn't like to open so I put some graphite on/in the latch and it works like a charm.

My 03 does the same thing with the trunk. Some days it works normal, other days it kinds gets stuck. I agree with lubing the latch.

Mine does this, but I had some other cars that do. I think its kinda just one of those things that happen with a bit of time.

there is a quick fix to this.. take off the plastic covering around the lock on the trunk and it will work great. There's no need for that plastic covering other than messing up the lock

Members online

No members online now.
Back