Trying To Buy LS

DirtMcGurt

New LVC Member
Reaction score
How is everyone doing. I'm not really new to the site, I've been looking here and there for my brothers 1989 Lincoln Town Car with an amazing 77K miles on it, but that's not the point. The point is I'm looking for an LS now. I've searched around and the only thing in my price range tends to be 2000-2002's but the 2002's have extremely high mileage. Do you think it would be a bad move to buy an LS with such high mileage, or should I just stick to some with low mileage, or what?

I think it is better to get a 01 car with low miles, as low as possible I mean. Go with a V8 don't buy a V6, I have a V6 and it drinks gas like a V8, but doesn't quite run like one. Check for tranmission smoothness, if there are hard shifts or late shifts, move on.. The year 2000 cars had a lot of problems, I mean I have an 01 car and it still had bunch of problems, but I think much less than the 2000s. Just look for a clean, straight car. Good Luck.

Don't get in a hurry to buy one either. Shop around ALOT before you buy. I looked for two months before i bought mine. Bought it off of ebay. Got an 02 v8 sport with 57000 for 13900

I bought an 04 V8 Ultimate back in March of this year with 19k for $27k. I go to Traderonline everynow and then just to see how my purchase was. Still seems pretty good. Area is going to determine how much you pay also. Im a couple of miles from Stanford U. so I expected higher prices. Got to Realtor.com and see what homes are selling for in Palo Alto and Menlo Park. Try not to faint!:)

From what I've read, you're probably going to want a low-miles '01; they fixed a lot of the problems that plagued the '00 (which really should not be completely unexpected--2000 was the first year of production not just of the LS, but also of the DEW-98 platform). A low-miles '02 would be even better, but that'll be more difficult to find.

I have a V8 ('04 Sport), so I'll second that recommendation. The V8 has some options that aren't available on the V6--notably, the Message Center, which makes setting certain options (like Easy Entry, auto-headlamp off delay, and auto-lock behavior) much easier. Unfortunately, if you want a manual transmission, you have to go with the V6--which really isn't bad at all, it just doesn't have the grunt of the V8.

And, as mentioned above, patience is a virtue. I got a really good deal on mine from the local Lincoln dealer, but it had been on his lot for a couple of months--they're generally more willing to deal on those.

Good luck--I hope you find your LS soon!

Thanks for the reply's. I already know I don't want the v6, v8's have been on my mind since day 1. I've already asked around about a couple of 01's and a couple of 00's, and the 00's had lower miles with a lower price then the 01's. So from what I'm reading I should just leave the 00's alone all the way?

Exactly

DirtMcGurt said:
Thanks for the reply's. I already know I don't want the v6, v8's have been on my mind since day 1. I've already asked around about a couple of 01's and a couple of 00's, and the 00's had lower miles with a lower price then the 01's. So from what I'm reading I should just leave the 00's alone all the way?

Too bad you do not live here. 2002 LS v8's are for sale a plenty here and many have good mileage(low). I think I just looked in an book and saw an '02 v8 loaded for like $18K and miles were actually lower than mine(I just rolled over 36,500). Bought it almost a year ago w/ 28,xxx miles on it for $21K(maybe could of gotten a better deal, but this car was the one for me).

Its getting to the point where almost every dealer has one or two. I know one place that has atleast 2 all the time but normally they are higher mileage. The place is called Brandon Reeves and they have a few dealers over the nation, their adds say "shipping to anywhere in the US."

I have a 2002 LS that I purchased this year with only 16,000 miles on it. Only way I got it was I went to a couple of dealers in my area and told them what I was looking for. Took me almost 2 months but I got a call and took a ride to the dealership and they were offloading it as I pulled up. Loved the color but was more excited about the low miles. I would really try to find one with as many low miles as you can, and don't forget to to get that CARFAX report.

I bought my '02 LS-6 with just 27K miles on it- previous owner kept it in mint condition. Just be patient and check out all the different ads, autotrader, yahoo autos, etc.... and it'll come through.

Members online

No members online now.
Back