Turbo kit thread

Yeah I was upset at first, I'm over it, just glad she's home and I can finish her up.

I didn't shell out any money, I just paid for parts and they worked for free. You would think the tuner would want to get it in and done asap to start selling the kits so he can get his cut, who knows what happened.

Yeah I was upset at first, I'm over it, just glad she's home and I can finish her up.

I didn't shell out any money, I just paid for parts and they worked for free. You would think the tuner would want to get it in and done asap to start selling the kits so he can get his cut, who knows what happened.

Tuners are like painters...very few are trustworthy. :shifty:

THAT'S why it took so damm long... :cool:

Glad you have it back Alax, Even more glad you can now start on the Mclaren grilles! Just playin, but I am glad, seriously, about your car being back, and the grilles, but more glad about your car, and the grilles too, TURBO! TURBO! TURBO!

Crazy. Was the tuner guy joyriding in the car for 6 months?

I mean he was getting on it in those videos....or was that someone else??

There is a point in time where you just cut your loses and get the car back. This seems like just a money pit too me.

Modding any car is a money pit for an enthusiast. Personally, I love the fact that Alax had the balls to pull the trigger, financially speaking, and do it. No guts, no glory in my book.

When it is done, the enjoyment factor will make the wait time seem worth it. There is a certain cool as hell factor that will go with having a one of a kind LS.

me-after-finally-understanding-a-joke_o_164293.gif

THAT'S why it took so damm long... :cool:

Well yeah but he's working for free, but he isn't getting paid until the kit sells to get his cut so the sooner it is ready to sell the sooner he gets his money. Well at least thats how I saw it but maybe you're right. One thing is for sure, if I would've paid him, no way would I have waited so long for him to "tune" it.

I was very patient with the timeline because I was getting hooked up and "sponsored" in a way, but,I'm glad thats over.

Glad you have it back Alax, Even more glad you can now start on the Mclaren grilles! Just playin, but I am glad, seriously, about your car being back, and the grilles, but more glad about your car, and the grilles too, TURBO! TURBO! TURBO!

+1

Crazy. Was the tuner guy joyriding in the car for 6 months?

I mean he was getting on it in those videos....or was that someone else??

I dont know who the driver was, could be him, but those videos were the day in august when I was going to get it back because it was in the final stages of tuning but then something went wrong with the waste gate and they had to start over, thats when things went real, real slow.

It was sitting outside most of time so the paint is bad. I washed her twice yesterday and only got to claying the hood.

Modding any car is a money pit for an enthusiast. Personally, I love the fact that Alax had the balls to pull the trigger, financially speaking, and do it. No guts, no glory in my book.

When it is done, the enjoyment factor will make the wait time seem worth it. There is a certain cool as hell factor that will go with having a one of a kind LS.

:beer:

So... how does it run with the new turbo on there?

I haven't driven it. Brett said not to drive it yet, it is unkown what the tuner did and how he left it so once brett touches up the turbo kit, I'll tow it to the new tuner and then drive it home :cool:

Brakes going on hopefully this weekend, dyno tune appointment on july 16th :cool:

Now you are talking!!! Good to hear. Tell the tuned there is a "just a small group of about 50" itching for him to get it right so we can see your LS do what we think it is gonna do.

I can not wait to see this thing complete. I know I would be losing my mind if I where you. It's not even my car and I want it to be done :)

Yeah, I'll take my camera to record for sure.

Members online

Back