Tweeter Mounting

I really like the idea of mounting it on the sail panel trim piece, did you guys pull them off before cutting and mounting?

The tweeters I got need 1.5" hole with a .56" mounting depth, will have to see if I got the clearance there for em.

I was on diyma when I found the adapters at http://www.car-speaker-adapters.com/items.php?id=SAK006 .

Was originally going to fab some myself from lexan but these will work. The 6.5's I have actually a have 5 1/2" basket.

The original adpaters I bought were Scosche SA68's Amazon.com: Scosche SA68 Convertible 6x8-Inch Speaker Adapter - Pair: Electronics but they didn't fit they only have a 5 inch cutout and the trim is too thin to shave.

The SAX006's I ordered have a curved trim so they accomodate just fine. They are coming in the mail today so I might try and take some shots when I get em in ;).

I really like the idea of mounting it on the sail panel trim piece, did you guys pull them off before cutting and mounting?

The tweeters I got need 1.5" hole with a .56" mounting depth, will have to see if I got the clearance there for em.

There is no room behind the trim piece. There is sheet metal back there, which is why I surface mounted them. Surface mounting also allows the tweeter to be aimed toward the seat occupants.

i placed mine in the panel that is right up next to the windshield, just to the outsides of the defroster holes, i did have to use a drimel to cut out room under the panel in the subdash, but it fits great and looks good, and you get really good sound dispersion from the reflection of the glass, then its really easy to drop the wires down to near the kick panels where i have my crossovers mounted.

Members online

Back