Walmart LED's are the Dream!

It is good to stand out. But not by simply being tacky. I'm sure you get "lots of looks from everyone," though it's probably accompanied by pointing and laughing.

So yes, you are the only judge of your car. But be prepared for the taunting by the tasteful ls owners when you post pictures on a public forum of an led strip from Wal-Mart glued to your lights. To expect everyone to like it is simply delusional. As is to call the people who don't like it "haters." Your definition of a hater would imply some type of jealousy. Pretty sure any one of us could fork over $30 for this if we liked it.

I agree with everyone about this mod.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm more into the angel eyes just because they look like they were meant to be on the LS.

Anyway I'd like to see pictures without your headlights on and just the led strip, up close and from a distance to see how the strips look alone. Also I would say change out the headlight bulbs to a bulb with a color that matches the LEDs in the strip. It looks silly IMO to have these blue ish led nights under yellowish headlight light look.

View attachment 828459931

Pfft more like being awesome!

So what, Audi had it first? It looks bad ass, and last I checked, Audi outsells Lincoln by a margin ;) People love it.

First of all, Night at the Roxburry is the best hangover movie.

Secondly, I think it looks very good. I can tell you did a good, clean job on it. Personally, I wouldn't just have the LEDs; I think the Halo's and the LEDs together would look much better IMHO.

But, that's the great thing about YOUR car. :)
LED's look sexy

I'm more into the angel eyes just because they look like they were meant to be on the LS.

Anyway I'd like to see pictures without your headlights on and just the led strip, up close and from a distance to see how the strips look alone. Also I would say change out the headlight bulbs to a bulb with a color that matches the LEDs in the strip. It looks silly IMO to have these blue ish led nights under yellowish headlight light look.

Oh ya definitely agree there. The headlights MUST match. This was a quick throw on to see if the LS adapts to the idea.

There sorta is a blue hue to em. Package said its white light. So I'm gonna just hit up white bulbs and see if it goes.

I thought the point of purchasing your car was to appreciate it and if wanted by the owner, make it their own? Not everything is for everybody as I've seen disparaging remarks on everything from chrome deletes to window deflectors. I mean if I were to make a show car the first thing I would do is try my hardest to not be like the average LS on the road. All of you guys who have halos (which no one seems to be picking on the fact that would be making it a BMW knock-off) have your opinions but he went a different route. Its innovation where none was present... I mean our options are really limited with this vehicle so kudos man because if it looks right in your eyes (since you are the owner and all) then thats all that matters.

It's called constructive criticism. Of course it's your car and you can do what you want, but just because it hasn't been done before doesn't make it a good idea. To me, and this may be just me here, but something you just stick to your car doesn't add value to it... and when I upgrade/mod my car I go for three things - 1. THINGS THAT ARE NON RICE. 2. Things that make a difference (positively) in either performance or aesthetics. 3. Things that do not lower the value of my car more than it has already been lowered. Now I'm not hating on the look, I could care less... but when you post pictures or opinions on this forum they are subject to counter opinions from other members.

You know what? Based on that I'm going to install a wooden bumper on my car tonight... never been done on an LS... just call me a GENIUS from now on :)

In all sense you are correct.I do apologize for not liking this but I guess if he really wanted that look he could go all out and do the mod inside the headlight housing,1 it would look cooler and 2 the led stripe would be protected from rain and other harsh elements alittle more.

I know for a fact that the waterproof silicon material used to protect the led strip is not suitably for the weather, the material yellows, cracks and the leds go out premature do to vibration.

It's called constructive criticism. Of course it's your car and you can do what you want, but just because it hasn't been done before doesn't make it a good idea. To me, and this may be just me here, but something you just stick to your car doesn't add value to it... and when I upgrade/mod my car I go for three things - 1. THINGS THAT ARE NON RICE. 2. Things that make a difference (positively) in either performance or aesthetics. 3. Things that do not lower the value of my car more than it has already been lowered. Now I'm not hating on the look, I could care less... but when you post pictures or opinions on this forum they are subject to counter opinions from other members.

You know what? Based on that I'm going to install a wooden bumper on my car tonight... never been done on an LS... just call me a GENIUS from now on :)

Well respectfully I disagree with your line of reason because, A) Just because its costs is cheap doesn't make it crap. B) Stick-on is a poor excuse to hate an upgrade. C) I could understand value talk if this were a Bugatti or a Ferrari. But its not.

So I dressed it up a bit. Its not finished yet, and I will improve it. I paid $6500 for the LS, Im really not concerned about resale because for obvious reasons.

Also I appreciate all constructive criticism. Its the INTERNET! Theres gonna be likes, dislikes, and haters. I thank everyone for their input.

I Will post more pictures when I make it look better. I'm convinced this is a potential easy way to sexify the ol'gal that is my 05 LS

Yeah sexy to a 17 year old kid. I'm sorry I absolutely hate your taste have fun though.

funny-chick-magnet-car.jpg

dude, you should have got a third light strip, thought Wally World was having a sale, if you buy three LED strips, they would throw in a V-Tec sticker for free!

Do you have those triggered with the trunk light?

I want more pics...I can't see nuttin in the trunk...I like this.

Hey, sorry for the delay in answer, not sure what more pics to show you, I have a pic of where they were still in the packaging.
It's just two of them soldered together (came two in a package), protected with some heat shrink tubing and running the lead
to the contacts on the trunk light, which I also switched to LED.

It comes on when you open the trunk ... Simple as Bob's your Uncle.

20130304_174433.jpg

20130317_191910.jpg

20130317_195725.jpg

MAXLED, (many available colors) ... By Alpena, distributed by Walmart and others.

http://www.alpena.ca/

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/alpena-led-lights

20130304_174433.jpg

20130317_191910.jpg

20130317_195725.jpg

I don't care how good the pics are. At the end of the day you are still taping cheap walmart lights to your luxury vehicle.

I have no need to defend them as I simply needed to lite up my trunk more, it's a real bitch late at night to unload bodies in near darkness.
~ However they are distributed by Walmart and even Autozone, they are not per say, Walmart manufactured.

Cheap, hmmm no not at close to 30$ for two. Good quality, bright out put on the MAX versions. the FLEX uses smaller less ouput Leds.
The MAX is also somewhat flexible but not enough to make a halo circle with them, they have a thicker backing to them then the FLEX.

Hey btw you can find these same led strips in rolls of 16ft or 300mm as there described on eBay for less then 16 bucks, save yourself the money.it's the same Crap as the store bought stuff minus the pretty packaging.

I have no need to defend them as I simply needed to lite up my trunk more, it's a real bitch late at night to unload bodies in near darkness.
~ However they are distributed by Walmart and even Autozone, they are not per say, Walmart manufactured.

Cheap, hmmm no not at close to 30$ for two. Good quality, bright out put on the MAX versions. the FLEX uses smaller less ouput Leds.
The MAX is also somewhat flexible but not enough to make a halo circle with them, they have a thicker backing to them then the FLEX.

I was not at all directed at you. They actually serve a purpose for you. I would even consider extra lighting in my trunk. That puny little light doesn't cut it. I was just saying he got them at Walmart, please don't get me started about how much I hate that place. I refuse to step foot there.

Really hey, I used to as well but it's only cause of what you hear others always say about Wally World and I have to be honest since
I've been running the large rolls of paper from the mills around here down to NY, NJ and OH I've been hitting the Walmart at Ogdensburg just before closing time.

You should see the deal on 8 pairs Camo shirts I got, some cheaper new summer runners, new work boots, bulk plain t-shirts and boxers.
Fn loaded up on Roll-back items, 3% tax ... hit the border ... and anything for yourself ? Hand them the receipt, WELCOME BACK and HAVE A NICE DAY.

but yeah, knew it wasn't directed at me, was just trying to cover the fact that they are sold at Walmart but not all that cheap.

It's all good, it's really good lighting for in the trunk, I actually still want to affix something under the hood with one of those level-switches, comes on when hood opened.

May get some smaller ones in green and run in both foot wells but ... it's borderline RICE. May have to try before LIKE/DISLIKE.

----EDIT: typo -> Camo "shirts", I meant Camo/Cargo "shorts".

+1000000000 hate walmart more than bigrig hates seeing penis in traffic.

LOL, yuck!!! I sure hope I'm not the only one that hates it! LOL

Almost fell out of my hammock laughing at this. :Beer

F' Me, I got screwed on that looksy, trust me ... still searching for the CTRL-Z on that one, no Undo or Delete on that.

NOTE TO SELF ~ must be more careful peeking down into cars while in NJ traffic.

Members online

No members online now.
Back