WARNING!!!! New version of the "Nigerian" scam

barry2952

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I need some advice. Someone is trying to pull a version of the "Nigeria" scam on me. I caught it right away and have been playing them along for about 10 days. I contacted the Internet Fraud division of the FBI and I have gotten no response.

What should I do? Now they have gotten to the part where I have to FedEx them some "fees" to get the money released. I don't know how much longer I can play them.

Anyone got any contacts that could pick this up and sting them?

Barry, come on. Have fun. Tell them you sent the check and they should wait by their mailbox. Then tell them you sent it every time they get back to you looking for it. Do this at least 5-10 times and then tell them to go 'F' themselves and call them all sorts of names. You know, rant.

I got news for you like the FBI really gives a crap. They have 100,000 of these to deal with. Just play it for all its worth. Your not going to 'bust' anybody, unless you plan on hopping a plane to Nigeria and apprehending the bandit yourself.

Anybody have that Nigerian scam guys website? I think we posted it here in the beginning. Funny as hell. He really turns those guys inside out.

This is the initial contact:

Dear Wolk

I am sorry for contacting you through this medium without a previous
notice,I had to use the E-mail because it is an easier and more confidential
way of making contact with people around the world.My name is Barrister Ken
Isle,a Forty Five (45) year old Attorney in practice here in Europe.I had a
client by name Mr.Andrew Wolk a contractor based in sri-lanka/indonesia now
deceased.My client lost his life alongside his wife and only child in aceh
sri-lanka.Details of this incidence can be checked on the following
website;http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4143487.stm Prior to the Death of my Late Client,He secured a contract of $12,500,000.00 million from the sri-lanka/indonesia government,following which he received a 30%
mobilization fee of US$3,750,000.00 Million and successfully executed the
contract, but the balance of US$8,750,000.00 Million contract payment was in
the Process of being transferred into My Late Client's Account which he
submitted to the Government when he lost his life in the incidence.

Few days after his sudden Death,The Government of indonesia effected the
transfer of the balance of his Contract Funds into the Account that My Late
Client has on his file with the Government.As his personal Attorney before
his death,I have been officially notified and instructed by the FINANCE
COMPANY here in Europe where the money is currently deposited that I should provide and forward the particulars of Mr.Andrew`s next of kin so that the Funds in his Account can be remitted into his Next of Kin's Account in
accordance with their Laws.However, as the personal attorney and close
confidant of late Mr.Andrew,I want you to know that My late Client died
interstate,i.e,He died without leaving a Will.Hence,all my efforts to locate
any of his relative whom I can present to the Bank has proved abortive.

Therefore I am seeking for your consent to present you as the deceased
relative/next of kin and subsequently the beneficiary of the fund so that
the proceed of this account valued at US$8,750,000.00 Million can be paid to
you for subsequent disbursement between you and I. If you can cooperate with me and receive this funds as next of kin to Mr.Andrew,confirm your interest by contacting me through my E-mail .I can assure you that the deal is 100% risk free because i am in possesion of the deceased personal file which contains all information which I shall use to prove your relationship with
the deceased therefore the money will be paid into the account of whomever I present as Mr.Andrew's Next of kin with proofs that I will present to the
FINANCE COMPANY when needed.

When I receive a positive response and after proper discussion with you,I
will furnish you all relevant information that will facilitate
the release of the Funds to you An Application will have to be filed to the
FINANCE COMPANY for processing of the release of the Funds into your
nominated Bank Account.

I wait to hear from you.

Barrister Ken Isle

Joeychgo said:
tell them you need them to send you $10k as good faith money
No, they'll send Barry a cashier's check and then Barry will cash it. He will then buy a Caddy with the cash, the bank will call 25 days later and tell Barry the cashier's check was no good and that he has to return the money. Barry will then be forced to sell the car in a distress sale and will take a $2000 hit. He will then not be able to renew his Gold membership to the site and that will really suck big time.

MonsterMark said:
No, they'll send Barry a cashier's check and then Barry will cash it. He will then buy a Caddy with the cash, the bank will call 25 days later and tell Barry the cashier's check was no good and that he has to return the money. Barry will then be forced to sell the car in a distress sale and will take a $2000 hit. He will then not be able to renew his Gold membership to the site and that will really suck big time.

Good point....Just tell em' to go EFF themselves.

Mike

Do not get involved. I'm embarrassed to say that I was the victim of one of those. I was EXTREMELY weary about it, but this was before those crimes were so "popular". I had some parts for sale and the buyer was acting on behalf of his client. They were in England and they wanted to have a company in America they deal with send me some money that it owed them (more than my parts) and I would refund the difference. This was for purposes of expiditing the whole process. I believed that since I sold a Toyota pick-up to a guy in Spain and it too nearly three weeks for his check to clear, so I knew these scammers had a point about that delay.

Still weary of this whole deal, I did get a certified bank check from Wells Fargo and brought it to my bank. I told my bank to double check it's authenticity explaining the situation and my fear that it was a bogus check. They said it was fine. IT CLEARED IN MY 'EFFIN ACCOUNT. I sent off the difference, and low and behold the check was bad. Avoid overseas like the plague (unless you get funds via pay pal or similar). I met with a guy from the Dept of Homeland Security, believe it or not, who specializes in internet fraud coming out of Europe. The FBI was contacted, Scottland Yard, etc, and I am still out the money.

Good luck;
Eric

Members online

Back