Way to Clean Center Console Easier?

Bodyshield

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the cracks of the center console where debris and small particles get stuck. I can use something like a paper clip but I'm positive it will scratch the black on the console or the gray. For those still lost in the area im speaking of, the center console part surround the shifter and the rectangle that surrounds the ebrake, cupholders, etc.

Try compressed air. The can that you use for cleaning electronics. That should work pretty well.

Those tiny paint brushes are detail brushes you can pick up at any auto store...

that whole plastic piece comes out in 30 seconds. then the rubber gasket comes out in 2 seconds. grab the two little pieces that go up next to the ashtray - pull straight out towards you. then the whole gray piece will lift straight up. The car needs to be in drive to do this otherwise the shifter is in the way. this is the best way to clean it.

A couple suggestions....

You can use a shop vac with the brush attachment. Thats what I use to clean those cracks. The brush bristles provide sufficient agitation to dislodge any stuck particles, and the vacuum sucks the particles away.

For stubborn particles, you may want to try a toothbrush or a wooden toothpick.

I use a soft bristle tooth brush and a swiffer hand duster for the dash. Don't laugh its fast and is like a magnet for the dust, works great.

I use a soft bristle tooth brush and a swiffer hand duster for the dash. Don't laugh its fast and is like a magnet for the dust, works great.

Yes, the Swiffer is great for the interior. I don't know if they still make it, but I have a box of Swiffers made for automotive use.

does anyone have the link to the install of the mustang lip on the ls in their favorites, i cant find it

I find that a cocktail straw bitten "closed" workes great. In other words, draw it through your teeth so it's flat. Then drag/pick it through following behind with a vac.

sorry sobriety wasnt with me on that one, i did a search cause i remember reading it but kept coming up empty

Members online

No members online now.
Back